☾hapter LXIII

Third person POV :

Hell had materialized on Earth, and this grim reality was most pronounced near the harbor, where nothing but rubble remained. The sky bore a fiery hue, tainted by both flames and the unsettling presence of blood in the air. 

Death had laid its heavy hand upon this place, claiming the lives of many, while others still teetered on the precipice of survival. The Colossal Titan, a behemoth of destruction, strode forward for a brief moment before coming to an abrupt halt.

From the nape of the Colossal Titan's neck, a young man emerged, his expression a mix of horror and profound sorrow.

" So... this must be what you saw, Bertholdt". Armin whispered, his voice barely audible over the desolation that surrounded them.

Meanwhile, Jean remained locked in a fierce internal struggle. He clenched his teeth, determination etched on his face, and then released a Thunder Spear with unwavering resolve. Regardless of the adversary before him, he would not yield.

As the explosion subsided, Jean's eyes widened in disbelief.

" I missed ?! Did the steam divert its course, or was my aim off ?". He pondered, frustration gnawing at him.

Struggling to emerge from the Cart Titan's neck, Pieck finally managed to free herself, though her body bore the scars of her ordeal. Falco, her steadfast companion, gripped her with a mix of shock and relief.

" Pieck !". Falco exclaimed, his voice trembling.

The sound of approaching enemy soldiers drew Falco's attention upward.

" It's the Cart's body ! Don't let it escape !". A soldier shouted.

Falco's heart raced, his fear palpable. It was a well-timed shot that allowed him to rescue Pieck and retreat from the Cart Titan's body.

" Braun ! Assist Grice ! Protect Pieck !". Magath ordered, swiftly reloading his rifle.

Gabi nodded, determination in her eyes. She dashed towards Pieck, even as Marley's soldiers unleashed a relentless barrage of gunfire at their foes.

" You'll pay for this, you devils !". A Marleyan soldier shouted.

Connie and the others desperately sought cover, while Jean bellowed at them.

" No ! Fall back !".

The Paradis soldiers retreated slightly, and Magath turned his attention to the two children safeguarding Pieck's wounded form.

" Over here ! Go !". Magath commanded.

Galliard gazed at the spot where Pieck's Titan had stood, the harsh reality of their defeat slowly sinking in, a bitter pill to swallow.

" Dammit ! First the Captain, and now Pieck ! Were they truly... defeated ?! Dammit ! Dammit !". Galliard yelled, leaping toward the Attack Titan.

Mikasa clenched her jaw in frustration as she realized she had missed her mark. The Jaw Titan, consumed by rage, had lunged toward Eren.

Eren's Titan wasted no time, hardening its other fist, the one not clutching Lara's crystal, and struck the Jaw Titan with overwhelming force. Galliard, however, remained relentless, his Titan's jaws breaking through the Attack Titan's carapace before savagely clawing at its face.

In a desperate bid to protect himself, Eren's Titan placed the crystal in front of its face. Inside his colossal form, his eyes widened as he witnessed the Jaw Titan's claw scratching the protective barrier encasing the War Hammer Titan's host.

The Jaw Titan retreated as Mikasa landed on Eren's Titan's shoulder.

" He's fast ! It's nothing like when Ymir had the Jaws !". Mikasa exclaimed in frustration.