☾hapter XLVI

Third person POV :

Armin and the others watched in disbelief and horror as Bertholdt's Titan destroyed several houses with its massive hands.

" Hey... Those houses... They're falling from the sky... All those homes up, so high... One of them might be yours, Eren... Tell me, how does it feel to have your own roof above your head again ?". Connie shouted while laughing nervously, beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

" The lad has officially gone mad". Kenny remarked in a bored tone.

" Sasha, could you hit Connie for us ?". Jean requested.

Without hesitation, Sasha smacked Connie on the top of his head with her Thunder Spears. Connie let out a cry of surprise, clutching his head in pain.

" It doesn't seem to know our position". Mikasa observed.

" Yeah... He's trying to spread flaming wreckage everywhere. He wants to turn Shiganshina into a sea of fire". Armin commented, his eyes fixed on the Colossal Titan.

Eren glared at the colossal menace, his anger simmering.

" So now that bastard has set fire to our town !". Eren seethed.

" What now, Armin ?! Are we just going to wait here until burning houses fall on us ?". Jean exclaimed.

" We must act and quickly". Gunther added.

Eld nodded, narrowing his eyes at the Colossal Titan?" Yes, we cannot let the situation get worse and risk losing the basement".

" Hey, what... But what about Hange ?". Connie asked.

" Did they really all just die in that blast ?". Sasha wondered.

" We don't know. But Bertholdt isn't going to give us a time out to go save them. For now, we take orders from you, Armin". Mikasa said, her gaze unwavering.

Armin hesitated for a moment before speaking," Begin retreating. We'll meet with the Commander's group and seek his orders. We'll continue our original plan of fighting a war of attrition against the Colossal Titan. 

We'll keep trying to make him use his Titan's strength... Until our main target appears. His gigantic body won't be able to make it over the wall. So we just have to trap him inside this cage until he exhausts himself". Armin explained.

" I'm sorry, but there is a problem with this plan". Gunther interjected.

" We can't let Bertholdt get near the wall where the Commander's group is... He's torching everything around him ! Just because there's a wall between us and the horses on the other side doesn't mean they're safe. We still share the same sky !". Jean pointed out.

Eld nodded," In other words, if the fire spreads to the buildings inside the wall, we'll have more than dead horses to worry about... The Commander's group will be sandwiched between the Beast Titan in front and flames at their rear".