☾hapter LXV

Anelise's POV :

Several warships arrived off the shores of Paradis that day, silently looming on the horizon. Yelena assumed responsibility for establishing contact with them.

" This is Survey Fleet 1. Come in". Yelena's voice radiated confidence.

" Survey Fleet 2 here !".

" Thank goodness... Our boat ran aground... We've been waiting so long for help...". Yelena's words carried a subtle hint of amusement.

" We'll be right there. What's your position ? Understood. That cove ? Our numbers ? Don't worry. We're en route with two survey ships".

Unbeknownst to Marley's soldiers, a cunning trap had been set. Three small boats departed towards the stranded vessel where Yelena and Onyankopon had made their arrival.

" Hey ! Are you okay ?". A concerned Marleyan soldier inquired.

" Everything will be fine !". Reassured another.

In a heartbeat, an explosion echoed behind them, unveiling the colossal form of the Colossal Titan.

" The Colossal Titan ?! How ?!". A startled soldier exclaimed.

" The enemy !". Shouted another.

" The ship's in danger ! Hurry ! Jump off !".

Without hesitation, their would-be rescuers hurled themselves out of the boat, swimming frantically towards the shore, only to find themselves facing a barrage of weapons aimed squarely at them.

" Welcome to our forsaken island, home to despised devils. We'll make you feel right at home. So long as you like pig piss. Feel free to turn me down. Of course, if you don't want to come ashore... You'll need to swim back home". Levi declared.

It was a different time then. True, as Eldians, they were feared and hated by the world. By people whose faces they had never seen across the vast sea. But not all of those people across the ocean were their enemies.

On one fateful meeting day, Levi and Kenny urged Eren not to walk away from them when they noticed Yelena's intense gaze fixated on him. Honestly, Eren had no intention of disputing what they had just said. That woman gave him the creeps.

" We'll start by building the thing this island needs most. A 'port'". Onyankopon explained as he unveiled a map.

" Of course... a port. The kids will love that". Connie replied, uncertainty creeping into his voice.

" That's a cute way to think, brother". Eren remarked, offering a reassuring smile.

Jean shook his head, his cheeks slightly flushed," It's not a toy. Is it gonna have a mixed bath, too ?".

" Gunther, you're close to him... slap him". Eld muttered.

Gunther nodded and delivered a quick smack to Jean's forehead," It's not a hot spring, you pervert".

" Is this thing edible ?". Sasha inquired, examining the plans.

Eren tilted his head, puzzled by Sasha's culinary curiosity.

Onyankopon sweatdropped," It's not something you eat. It's...".

Hange quickly interjected," This must be a place where ships can safely anchor ! I see... So we can use the captured ships to trade with people across the sea !".

" Exactly, Hange ! This is a place that will connect us to the world !". Onyankopon affirmed.

" That's amazing, Onyankopon !". Hange exclaimed.