☾hapter LIX

Third person POV :

Falco anxiously observed the heavy silence that had settled between Reiner and Eren. The tension in the room hung thick like a suffocating fog, and he felt compelled to break it.

" Um... I thought you said you two were old friends, that he'd be surprised, right, Mister Kruger ?". Falco ventured cautiously.

Eren took a deep breath, gratitude evident in his eyes as he acknowledged Falco's intervention. 

" Yes, thank you, Falco, for making this meeting happen. There's a lot we have to talk about... It's just hard to figure out where to start". Eren replied, his voice tinged with a hint of uncertainty.

A perplexing mix of disbelief and fear contorted Reiner's features, casting shadows over his face.

" This can't be real". Reiner muttered, his voice trembling with disbelief.

Falco shot a puzzled glance at Reiner, unable to fathom why he had uttered those words. As the silence continued to stretch, Falco's anxiety deepened. It became increasingly apparent that this meeting might not have been such a wise idea after all.

" Sit down, Reiner. This is a good seat". Eren instructed, his tone firm.

Reiner remained silent, his gaze locked on Eren. However, Eren pressed on, determined to guide the conversation away from the looming unease.

" You'll hear all the commotion on stage from here... Above us is a regular apartment building. It's behind the stage, but a lot of its residents are looking out their windows, excited for the curtain to rise. Right above our heads". Eren explained, lifting his hand as he spoke.

 Reiner's eyes widened with terror at the sight of Eren's wounded hand, and beads of nervous sweat formed on his forehead as he finally grasped the grim implications

" Huh ? Mister Kruger, did you hurt your hand ?". Falco asked with concern, his eyes fixed on Eren's wounded hand.

Eren acknowledged the inquiry, his voice calm," Yes, it's just a scratch. Reiner, sit down". He ordered, his gaze fixed on Reiner, who reluctantly complied, taking a seat across from Eren with visible unease.

Falco cleared his throat nervously, his anxiety palpable," Well... I'll see you both later". He stammered, attempting to excuse himself.

" No, Falco. You'll stay here and listen to my story, too". Eren said sternly, catching Falco off guard.

Falco exchanged a puzzled glance with Reiner, who halted him with a trembling hand on his shoulder. 

" Falco... Do as he says". Reiner advised in a slow, apprehensive tone.

With a nervous nod, Falco conceded," Okay...".

Meanwhile, Willy Tybur prepared to take the stage, acutely aware of the impending events. He understood that this night might well be his last. Glancing at his reflection in the mirror, he noticed perspiration streaming down his face.