☾hapter XVIII

Here is season 2 !

Please don't forget to comment and vote !

Enjoy your reading !

- Sanseviera Kana.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things had escalated rapidly over the last two hours. Annie's Titan had scaled the wall, creating a gaping hole that unveiled another Titan within. Irony seemed to be the theme of the day: a Titan protecting us from others who wanted to kill us.

Mikasa and me remained in the room with Eren, the aftermath of the battle still wearing Eren out. Meanwhile, Jean and Armin were still busy answering the soldiers' inquiries. Mikasa had succumbed to exhaustion and was sound asleep after the harrowing mission.

Before she drifted into slumber, she had been meticulously stitching the scarf I had given her. As for me, I found solace in running my fingers through Eren's hair, an act reminiscent of my mother's soothing touch during my childhood.

My gentle caress ceased when I noticed Eren opening his eyes.

" Hey, did you sleep well ?". I inquired.

He rubbed his eyes and replied," I saw my mother again, it was strange".

I smiled empathetically at him," I'm sure she's watching over you from wherever she is, looking out for you. Perhaps this was her way of letting you know".

Eren leaned in to plant a soft kiss on my forehead and whispered," Thanks, Izzy".

" Y-You're welcome". I stammered, taken aback by the unexpected gesture.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Mikasa's scarf slipping from her lap. I reached for it, intending to return it to her. Mikasa stirred, likely awakened by the commotion.

" You must be tired. Go get some rest". Eren suggested to her.

Mikasa shook her head and replied," Sorry, I'm fine".

Eren's gaze then fell upon the well-worn scarf.

" That thing's seen better days". he remarked.

" You're right," I agreed." I'll buy you another one, or if you prefer, I can make you a new one, Mika ?".

Mikasa shook her head, her eyes fixated on the scarf," I like this one".

I smiled warmly at her. I understood her attachment. That scarf was the last remnant of the place we once called 'home.'

A comfortable silence enveloped us, broken abruptly when the door burst open, revealing Armin. I mentally noted that I was grateful not to have a heart condition as my heart raced.

" Eren ! Mikasa ! Anelise !" Armin exclaimed urgently." This is really bad ! The Titans ! They're inside Wall Rose !".

Our eyes widened in shock. If this were true, it would be catastrophic. Humanity would not endure long behind the Sina Wall.

" What a mess". I muttered, rubbing the back of my neck.

" Those damn Titans never give us a break". Eren muttered, his anger evident as he rose from his bed.

" Are you sure you should go ?". I asked, concern etched on my face.

" Not like there's much choice. Besides, you should rest too, Izzy. You're not well yet, and you've been here all afternoon". Eren scolded gently.

I shrugged, unconvinced," I'd rather watch over you than sleep any longer".

We fell into a brief silence as we began to exit the room, but Armin broke it with his words.