☾hapter XXXVIII

Two months after Historia's coronation, we found ourselves on a farm, assisting Historia as she cared for orphaned children. Thankfully, my back had managed to recover somewhat from the injuries sustained during the explosion caused by Rod Reiss' Titan.

Meanwhile, Hange continued their tireless efforts to find a way to slow down my memory deterioration. I attempted to aid them with various experiments, but Levi consistently intervened, escorting me away from Hange's research area. 

His reasoning was blunt but to the point, 'Four-eyes, you're more likely to kill her, and we'd rather avoid that'. Speaking of Levi, he had been entrusted with safeguarding the serum that Kenny had stolen from Rod Reiss' bag.

As Armin, Eren, Jean, and I watched Historia playfully chase after two children, Armin couldn't help but comment on the scene," You know, she's not quite the Queen we expected her to be. It's been two months, and she seems more at ease managing an orphanage than ruling".

I chimed in," Well, the truth is, it's the Military that truly governs within these walls. There's no denying that the Monarchy is merely a facade. But on the streets, they call Historia something endearing - the 'Cattle-farming goddess'".

Armin nodded in agreement," Yes, it's an affectionate nickname, really. Whatever else can be said, Historia is leading a life she can genuinely take pride in. That's all we ever wanted".

A brief silence enveloped us before Armin added," It's remarkable. The hero who once defeated a menacing Titan has become so modest and commendable. It's no wonder people are starting to see her as a Goddess".

Jean, always the one to interject with humor, quipped," At this rate, no one will even remember who plugged that hole in Trost District, huh ?". He shot a playful glance at Eren

I shook my head and sighed; they never seemed to miss an opportunity to argue

" One of the reasons Historia became Queen was to do this". Eren replied in a bored tone.

" This ?". Armin asked, clearly curious.

" What Eren means is that she wanted to create a haven for orphans. Having power means being able to make a difference, especially for the better in her case". I explained.

Eren nodded, his voice carrying a hint of admiration," She searched everywhere, from the Underground to every corner of the walls. She gathered orphans and those in need, brought them to this farm, and started caring for them. 

She used the royal family's budget and assets seized from politicians to run this place, with even the Captain and Kenny supporting her. Well, they both hailed from the Underground originally. Initially, they were worried about backlash from the Aristocracy, but all their resistance only solidified her support among the people. 

I don't think she planned it all this way, but she said she was going to find people in trouble, no matter where they were, and help them. This is what Historia wanted".