☾hapter XLVII

Anelise's POV :

Levi and I exchanged tense glances, our eyes fixed on Erwin, awaiting his response. Our anticipation was abruptly shattered by a deafening crash from above the wall. My gaze shot upward, and an involuntary gasp escaped my lips as I recognized the figure.

" Eren !". I exclaimed, my voice tinged with worry.

Could it be that Eren, in his colossal Titan form, had attempted to confront Bertholdt the way he normally would with Reiner ? I struggled to grasp the logic behind their plan from the very beginning; the issue of size had been apparent.

" He must have been hurled all the way to the top of the wall by that thing". Levi surmised, his voice tinged with frustration.

My mind whirled with questions about the thought process behind their risky strategy. This was far from the resolution we had hoped for, leaving me to ponder the mysteries that still shrouded our predicament...

Third person POV :

" Eren's... Not moving". Mikasa whispered, her concern evident in her voice.

" But he's not dead ! Focus on that monster in front of us! Yeah, charging into him like that was reckless... He went straight for him without a plan. Of course, Eren's going to end up like that. Unless we can figure out a way to turn the tables... 

This mission... Our lives... and humanity's future are all hanging by a thread". Jean declared, the weight of their predicament weighing on his shoulders.

" Don't just stand there, kids !". Eld shouted urgently.

" We can't just sit here and be slaughtered ! Let's go after that thing !". Gunther ordered, his determination cutting through the tension.

Everyone nodded in unison and began to converge on the Colossal Titan.

" He doesn't know about the Thunder Spears yet! Connie, Sasha, Eld, Gunther, and I will distract him ! Mikasa and Kenny, use that opportunity to hit him with the spears !". Jean directed with unwavering resolve.

" Understood". Mikasa replied, her gaze locked on their colossal adversary.

The Colossal Titan turned its attention to Jean, Sasha, Eld, and Gunther as they boldly advanced.

" Hey, you colossal idiot ! Just you wait, I'm going to crush those eyes of yours !". Jean taunted, his voice filled with righteous fury.

" It's time for you to meet your end, you monster !". Gunther proclaimed, his determination burning in his eyes.

" You are the greatest enemy of all mankind". Eld growled, his focus unwavering.

" You moron !". Connie shouted, adding to the chorus of defiance.

" Ya kingsized pervert !". Sasha chimed in, injecting a touch of humor amidst the tension.

Upon hearing Connie and Sasha's unexpected comments, Eld and Gunther exchanged a quick, nervous laugh.

" It's obvious that we're trying to divert his attention. He probably realizes that Mikasa and Kenny are behind him, too. But if he takes a hit from those Thunder Spears...". Jean's thoughts trailed off as he watched Mikasa and Kenny approach the Colossal Titan at breakneck speed.