☾hapter LXXXIV

When we set off in the morning, Jean began by apologizing to Gabi for what had happened, without forgiving Reiner and Annie. Like me, he can't hate them, but he won't forgive them for what happened.

Nevertheless, we thought we could carry out the plan we had hatched, but Pieck soon came back to tell us that the Jaegerists had already seized the harbor. So there we were, in the mountains up to the harbor, contemplating our next move.

" I can't believe Floch outplayed us like this...". Hange muttered.

" If they decide to destroy the flying boat, then it's over. We don't have any strategy left". Erwin said.

" But why haven't they done it yet ?". Magath wondered, looking through binoculars.

" Who knows. My guess is that they aren't entirely certain whether we're still alive and trying to stop Eren". Hange responded.

" That's for sure that getting rid of that boat is simple...". Hannes stated.

Hange nodded in agreement," But after the world is destroyed, it'd take decades to recreate the technology. They'll regret losing it if they want to ensure they've wiped out one of the continents.

It may be that their primary goal in occupying the harbor was to get the Azumabito, with their ships and technicians, under their control. However, if they learn that we're here too... I'm sure they'll smash that flying boat to bits in an instant".

" In other words, even if we had the power of the Nine Titans, stopping them is far from being an easy task". Erwin added.

" But if we falter here, we're hopeless against the Founder. The plan's got to...". Magath's voice trailed off.

Hange gasped, drawing Magath's, Erwin's, and Hannes' attention.

" What is it ?". Magath asked.

" Commander Hange, you should keep a low profile". Hannes advised.

" Over there... We have to eliminate them all at once. It's the only way to secure the ship". Hange said.

Upon hearing that, Annie began to speak as I played with Levi's hair while he was still sleeping. Maybe that's the first time he's slept that long in his life.

" We'll harness the power of all our Titans alongside your weapons to achieve that. Got it ?". Annie stated.

We all stayed silent, nervously pondering her words.

" Hey, wait a second...". Connie attempted to interject.

" Why ?". Annie queried, her expression devoid of emotion.

" Launching an indiscriminate attack on the harbor will put the Azumabito in the crossfire". Mikasa cautioned.

I nodded, concurring," If we recklessly deploy these Thunder Spears, we might inadvertently cause their demise in the ensuing explosion. It's far too risky".

" Absolutely !". Sasha chimed in, voicing her agreement.

" While they might be distantly related to you, to us, they remain enemies who assaulted our homeland". Annie stated, her gaze fixed on Mikasa.

" But allowing the Azumabito to perish would undoubtedly pose a problem, Annie. Wouldn't you agree ?". Pieck added thoughtfully.

" Indeed... I should possess the capability to pilot the flying boat unaided. However, without the expertise of the Azumabito mechanics, its wings will remain folded. Essentially, it's merely a vessel. Its wings have been retracted to facilitate transportation by sea". Onyankopon elucidated.