☾hapter LXXVIII

Anelise's POV :

In an instant, without understanding why, everything I saw turned black. When I opened my eyes again, I found myself back in a place I knew well, that starry sky and that luminous path in the distance. 

The familiarity of it all struck me, but something felt different now, as if everything was colder, both in temperature and in the atmosphere that surrounded me.

Confusion engulfed my thoughts as I tried to make sense of my surroundings. Why was I here ? I was certain that just a few minutes ago, I had been engaged in a battle against the Cart Titan alongside Mikasa and Armin. 

What had happened in the span of those few moments to bring me to this place ?

As I turned to the side, searching for answers, a voice broke the eerie silence that hung in the air. 

" Where am I ?".

My heart skipped a beat as I recognized the voice. 

" Eren ?". I murmured, unable to comprehend how he could be here in this enigmatic realm.

He turned to me, his eyes widening in surprise at the sight of me. 

" Izzy. What happened ?". His voice carried a mixture of concern and bewilderment.

The sound of him addressing me by that nickname, a name he hadn't used in such a long time, stirred a surge of emotions within me. It almost brought tears to my eyes, reminding me of the deep connection we once shared. That connection had not been the same when he made the decision to leave for Marley, embarking on a path that diverged from ours.

I swallowed hard, clearing my throat to regain my composure and erase the overwhelming flood of emotions that threatened to consume me. 

" This is the paths". I explained, my voice trembling slightly.

Eren's brow furrowed in confusion as he tried to grasp the significance of my words," The paths ?". He repeated, his tone filled with curiosity.

A voice interrupted our thought, "Little Pierce is correct. This is the coordinate where all paths converge. I believe this is where members of the royal family, those who inherited the power of the Founding Titan, would come when they made use of its abilities".

Eren and I turned around simultaneously, drawn to a figure lying on the ground. It was Zeke, the one who had once held immense power and influence, now reduced to a captive, his body chained and restrained.

I must say that's quite a view, I couldn't feel an ounce of pity for him.

" Brother...". Eren muttered, his voice filled with confusion.

" I've been waiting for so long... Eren, Anelise. For you to recover and awaken. It's like I've been sitting here for years". Zeke said, his tone heavy with a mixture of relief and weariness.

What the hell is he talking about ? We were all on the battlefield just a few minutes ago. The events leading up to this moment were a blur in my mind, a chaotic whirlwind of destruction and despair.

" Have years passed ?". Eren asked, his voice filled with disbelief.

" I don't understand. How could it be possible ?". I wondered aloud, my mind struggling to comprehend the passage of time that seemed to defy all reason.

" I'm not sure. What takes place here passed in a flash out there. Gabi blew your head off...". Zeke's words hung in the air, sending a chill down my spine.

My eyes widened with horror when I heard what Zeke said, and I turned to look at Eren, searching for answers in his expressionless face. He didn't say anything, his gaze distant and lost.