☾hapter XXXV

Kenny and I eventually made our way out, leaving Armin and Moblit in a state of disbelief. I followed their gaze upward, my eyes widening as I laid eyes on Rod Reiss' Titan. Holy cow, it was enormous ! How on earth was this Titan supposed to be suitable for combat ? Given its sheer weight, it didn't even seem capable of standing up.

Armin turned around upon hearing the commotion Kenny was causing with his equipment, his eyes lighting up when he spotted me.

" Izzy !". Armin exclaimed, a wide grin spreading across his face.

I walked over to him and embraced him tightly. It felt as though I hadn't seen him in years.

" Hey, Arly, it's been a long time !". I said with a smile.

Armin nodded, then turned his attention back to the cave's entrance. I exchanged a nod with Moblit, who responded with a warm smile. I glanced beside him and my eyes widened as I saw Hange lying unconscious, their shoulder and head bruised.

I hurried over to them, concern in my voice," What happened to them ? Is it serious ?".

" No, everything's fine, Anelise. They're alright; they just need some rest". Moblit reassured me.

A sigh of relief escaped me as I absorbed Moblit's words.

" Eren !". Armin called out, extending his hand to help him out of the cave.

I turned my gaze to them and approached Mikasa, who greeted me with a smile.

" Thank goodness. You're both okay ?". Armin asked, his worry evident.

Eren nodded," Yeah... What about the Titan ? What happened ?".

We all turned to observe the devastation left in Rod's wake.

" Well, if it wasn't a bloated pig before, it certainly is now". I remarked dryly.

Kenny burst into laughter and patted me on the back, causing some discomfort due to my previous collision with a pillar.

Mikasa shot him a menacing glare, sending shivers down my spine. I swallowed nervously and redirected my attention ahead.

" I thought the world was ending. The ground split apart, and just as everything seemed about to collapse... That thing emerged". Armin explained.

" By the way, Izzy, how did you survive ?". Mikasa asked, her voice laced with concern.

I looked at her, noting the lingering unease in her eyes. I gently took her hand and squeezed it to reassure her. 

" It's a long story that I'll share when we get home, but for now, we have other matters to attend to". I said, shifting my gaze back to Rod, who continued to crawl toward the wall.

Mikasa nodded, her grip on my hand tightening slightly.

Eren remained silent for a moment before speaking nervously," Is that... a Titan ?".

What else could it be ? It certainly wasn't a surprise toy. Though, a Titan like that... it was beyond belief.

" It's unlike any Titan we've encountered before. It's roughly twice the size of the Colossal Titan and appears to be extremely hot... All the trees around it are catching fire". Moblit observed, his gaze fixed on the burning trees.

 Moblit observed, his gaze fixed on the burning trees