☾hapter LXI

Third person POV

Willy Tybur's lifeless body was swiftly consumed by Eren's Titan, leaving the crowd momentarily frozen in shock. Then, chaos erupted as screams pierced the air, and civilians scrambled in terror, desperately seeking safety. Soldiers and generals alike stood in stunned disbelief and horror.

Eren's Attack Titan paused for a moment, its piercing green eyes fixated on the soldiers still perched in the stands. With a thunderous roar, it lunged towards them at breakneck speed. Panic coursed through the remaining soldiers, propelling them to flee, except for one who remained rooted in place, awaiting an inevitable fate. The Titan crashed onto the stands, claiming the lives of all the soldiers present in one deadly sweep.

" Get up ! Gabi ! Udo !". Colt's voice rang out in frantic urgency.

Colt seized the two children by their jacket collars, his fear palpable as he desperately sought a path to their survival.

" Hurry !". Colt yelled again.

Gabi turned, her eyes falling upon a rock with legs protruding from beneath it. 

Her pupils dilated in horror, and she muttered in disbelief and terror," Zofia ?".

Eren's Titan continued its ruthless rampage, obliterating everything in its path. But Udo, hearing Zofia's name escape Gabi's trembling lips, ignored the chaos around him and strained to see through his now missing glasses. Breaking free from Colt's grip, he ventured closer to her, hoping against hope.

" Zofia ! Are you all right ?". Udo implored.

" No, Udo ! This way...". Colt began to say as he held Gabi close.

" We must move this off her !". Udo pleaded, determination in his voice.

Regrettably, Udo remained oblivious to the approaching crowd, also desperate for escape. Colt and Gabi found themselves forcibly separated from him.

" Udo !". Colt's voice trembled with horror.

Colt reached out, but it was futile. The panicked crowd surged forward, and Colt made a painful choice : shelter behind a crumbling piece of rubble with Gabi to protect her. Udo disappeared into the tumult, likely trampled in the stampede. Amid the frenzy, survival instincts overwhelmed all other concerns. Colt's heart sank, knowing he had no choice but to shield Gabi. 

Gabi's eyes darted around, and as the grim tableau of destruction unfolded before her, she couldn't suppress her horrified scream

Gabi's eyes darted around, and as the grim tableau of destruction unfolded before her, she couldn't suppress her horrified scream. She was but a child, witnessing the annihilation of her hometown.

Meanwhile, Lara Tybur struggled to her feet, one hand pressed against her aching ribs. She gazed upon Eren's Titan with eyes heavy with sorrow, yet strangely vacant.

" Brother, you have fulfilled your duty... as a Tybur". Lara murmured softly.

At her words, Lara began her transformation into a Titan, drawing Eren's attention away from the chaos below. However, her transformation was cut short as the Attack Titan charged toward her, delivering a forceful blow to her uncompleted form.