☾hapter LV

AN : First chapter of season 4 ! Already season 4... time flies.

Enjoy your reading and don't forget to vote and comment.

- Sanseviera Kana.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third person POV :

In the midst of a grim battlefield strewn with lifeless and wounded bodies, a young boy struggled to pry open his eyes, only to catch sight of a bird soaring above. The feeling of freedom it must experience was tantalizing, but why would it venture into this perilous war zone ?

The air hung heavy, oppressive, warm, and reeking of blood.

" Hey, you... It's dangerous here... Go, fly... Somewhere far away... You've got wings, so use 'em". The boy murmured, extending his arm toward the bird.

A faint smile crossed the boy's lips as he watched the bird take flight, as if fleeing from this wretched place.

" Falco !". A man's voice bellowed, calling out for him.

The man rushed to the boy, who still lay prone on the ground.

" You're alive ?! Hey ! Are you hurt ?". He exclaimed.

" Huh ? Brother... What's going on ? Why are you dressed like that ?". Falco muttered, confusion clouding his senses.

The man gazed at him with deep concern before hoisting him onto his back and placing his helmet over the boy's already injured head.

" Come on... Hold tight. I'm just relieved to hear your voice". His brother said through clenched teeth.

They bolted away, skillfully evading enemy fire.

" Damn !". The man cursed before they both tumbled into a trench, seeking refuge from the relentless onslaught.

" Falco !". Another boy called out, his voice filled with worry.

" Show me where they got you !". An alarmed girl exclaimed.

" And Colt ?". The Commander inquired urgently.

" The Warrior Unit on the front line took a direct hit from a shell and was obliterated !". Colt reported.

" And the trenches ?". The Commander pressed.

" We can't dig any deeper !". Colt replied.

Hearing this, the Commander fixed Colt with an icy glare," I can't ? Is that an order ? Are you attempting to issue orders, Eldian ?".

" Watch your tone with Commander Magath, scum !". A fellow warrior warned Colt.

" But... given the situation, we...". Colt began to explain.

Meanwhile, Falco struggled to sit up as other children his age gathered around him.

" What are we doing here ?". Falco asked, his voice wavering.

" Are you feeling dizzy, Falco ?". A blond-haired girl inquired.

" He must have hit his head". Another girl remarked as she removed his helmet.

A third boy in the group fetched a bottle and began tending to Falco's wound.

" We've been at war for four years. Do you remember ?". The boy asked.

Falco blinked in confusion," Huh ? Oh... I guess so ?".

" Looks like we're going to have to explain the operation to you all over again, Falco. Just listen to me. This war that's consumed our last four years... It's finally coming to an end. All we have to do is capture Fort Slava. Well, to be exact, we just have to sink the Mid-East Allied Forces' fleet in the naval station right below it.