☾hapter LXXXVI

Moments of silence and relief enveloped us as we left the hangar behind, yet the swell of emotions that had gripped us since yesterday began to resurface, although we understood that this was hardly the time for such sentiments.

Onyankopon steered the flying boat while Hange and Armin engaged in a hushed conversation about various details. Soon, they returned, puncturing the tension that had hung in the air.

" Now, let's review the plan. Armin, your strategic prowess has proven invaluable on countless occasions. I'm intrigued to witness your approach in this very moment". Hange remarked, almost as though testing him.

Armin hesitated, his voice uncertain," Are you certain about this, Commander ?".

Hange affirmed with a nod," Absolutely".

With Pieck's description as a reference, Hange began sketching a schematic representation of what the Founding Titan might resemble.

" Is this an accurate depiction of the Founding Titan you saw ?". Hange inquired.

Pieck responded," Yes, though I can't claim to have had a thorough view. It appeared as an immense mass of moving bones—a colossal, nightmarish insect".

" Given our understanding of other Titans, the controlling entity is usually situated in the nape of the neck". Hange mused aloud.

" However, considering our knowledge of the War Hammer Titan, we cannot definitively conclude that Eren is in the same position. In essence, his exact location remains unknown". Armin interjected.

Hange nodded in agreement, acknowledging the astute observation Armin had just made.

" Even if we don't, we could always just blow the whole thing away. Like the way you flattened Liberio's naval port and left nothing behind... Your Colossal Titan could do it". Pieck suggested.

" True... That would be the most effective method. But only once we've exhausted all possibility of talking with Eren. Then... If this is the only way left to stop him... It'll be our last resort". Armin stated.

" Nothing inherently wrong with having a last resort. But isn't Eren manipulating the Founding Titan through Zeke ? Could we not potentially cease the rumbling by eliminating Zeke ?". Levi inquired.

" That's not entirely implausible". I responded.

" Yes, I recall mentioning something along those lines before... But there's no proof at all, you know". Hange chimed in.

" Yeah... And we don't know Zeke's location, either... Then we'll just have to find that furry bastard inside those bones. And I'll... stop...Zeke. I'll just need a little help". Levi affirmed.

Hange's lips curled into a grin," Heh. That's something I thought I'd never hear".

" Shut up, Four-Eyes". Levi retorted.

" You can rely on my aid, Levi. Always". I assured him with a smile.

" Count me in as well, short stack. After all, it's his doing that landed me in this condition". Kenny interjected.

" While my capabilities might be limited... I will contribute what I can towards putting an end to all of this". Erwin declared resolutely.

" All narratives necessitate closure, do they not ?". Hannes remarked, his gaze steeped in nostalgia.

" Captain... This is all to stop the rumbling. I'll do anything it takes". Jean affirmed.

" Me too... But I can't forget what happened...". Sasha's voice quavered as her eyes welled up with tears.