☾hapter LXXIV

Anelise's POV : 

Within seconds the soldier who accompanied us died of his wounds. Pieck's gaze then fell on the weapon he was holding before looking at Gabi.

" Gabi. Point that rifle at Eren". Pieck ordered.

Seeing Gabi's frightened look, I wanted to move forward, but Eren quickly pushed me back behind him. I tried to hold back a grimace of annoyance, but on the other hand, with my hands tied, I can't do much...

To me Gabi is a girl who certainly doesn't deserve to see so much violence or even participate in it. Sure, she tried to shoot Sasha and I almost died, but I can't hold it against her. She reminds me a lot of Eren, driven by anger she didn't think about anything other than revenge.

Seeing that after a few seconds Gabi still didn't move, Pieck frowned, " Gabi".

" Yes, Ma'am !". Gabi exclaimed before taking the weapon.

" Using a little girl to do your dirty work. It's hardly pathetic. How heroic". I said ironically.

Maybe Gabi is part of the military in Marley, but I think she has already seen enough horror without adding to it.

Pieck glanced at me for a moment before refocusing on Eren.

" Eren. Take your hands out of your pockets". Pieck ordered.

" And if I don't ?". Eren retorted.

" I would have no trouble hurting you to kill the person behind you. And then, I pull the trigger and your brain get scattered on the floor. Ever seen that ? You won't even have time to turn into a Titan". Pieck said.

No, thank you. I don't want to get shot again.

" So ? Why haven't you fired ? If you're not here to pull the trigger, then what are you here for ? What happend if I keep my hands in my pockets ?". Eren asked.

" There's no way you'll be able to know. Your friend will be dead and your brain will be on the floor...".

Losing his temper slightly, Eren quickly interrupted her, he approached, pressing his forehead against the gun " No. I know... You won't shoot at me or her. You don't have permission to kill the Founding Titan or the Chosen One.

Your orders are to retrieve us, no matter what. Even now, your job is still to turn into a Titan before eating me alive and take Ymir's soul. Right ?".

The tension seemed to be at its peak and seeing the situation in which Pieck found herself, Gabi loaded the rifle and kept it ready to shoot

" Gabi. Take your finger off the trigger". Pieck ordered.

Gabi looked at her with confusion and nervously took her finger off the trigger. 

" Were you to commit a breach of military that severe your family in the internment zone would pay the price with you...". Eren told her.