☾hapter XXIX

Third person POV :

Erwin eventually left, following the Military Police soldiers, leaving most people in the crowd puzzled by his statements.

" The Survey Corps has murdered civilians! Some soldiers have ignored the summons and are still at large ! If you see anyone resembling them, inform the Military Police immediately". A soldier ordered the crowd.

" See ? Just like I said. They're the same group responsible for that Titan fight inside the walls !".

" They're trying to use that monster, Eren, to destroy humanity ! Not to mention the witch who already knows everything in advance !".

" Oh dear... It's so dangerous now; I don't even want to go outside".

" It's terrifying... I hope the Military Police does a good job...".

Hange gritted their teeth at what the crowd was saying. They had been observing the situation with Moblit from Erwin's arrest until now. The Military Police were manipulating the population effectively.

" How annoying, but not surprising". Hange thought.

Hange and Moblit continued through the alleys. Hange's goal was to find Flegel. The agreement made by Levi had been nullified by Dimo's death. Hange needed to find a way to renew it. More than ever, the Survey Corps needed allies.

Out of the corner of their eye, they saw him running down an alley. Flegel was obviously being pursued by Military Police soldiers.

" Stay here, Moblit. I'll take care of it". Hange ordered.

Moblit nodded," Roger !".

Hange sprinted and sneaked up behind Flegel, using their 3DM Gear to reach the rooftops. 

Flegel let out a cry of surprise, muffled by Hange's hand

The Military Police arrived at the alley where Flegel was supposed to be but were surprised not to find him.

" Shit, he's gone ! Find him ! Find him ! Don't let 'em escape !". The soldier ordered, frustration etched on his face.

The soldiers continued to sprint down the street in search of Flegel.

Hange watched them and waited until they were out of sight before addressing Flegel.

" Do you remember me from when you were leaving the hideout ? You were the President's son, right ? You're...". Hange began calmly.

Flegel interrupted," Flegel".

" Nice to meet you, Flegel. I'm Hange Zoë. Sorry, but I'm in a hurry. The thing is, if the Military Police is after you, that must mean you know the truth about your father's death, right ? Tell me what happened. Who did this ?". Hange inquired.

" When I was taking a leak... My dad... And Dan... And Jim... They were all killed by the First Squad. A tall man in a black coat got my dad, and...". Flegel replied, tears welling up in his eyes.