Pain, Suffering, And Jesus

Jennie has absolutely no idea what is happening in her life

Jennie has absolutely no idea what is happening in her life. Two month ago, she laid flat on the ground of a highway, praying for the one above to send a car so it can pancake her right to the ground.

But now, she stands behind a counter of her one month in job as a cashier. Now, working in a convenience store is already a bad look for her resume, and the payment is trash. Her shifts are always at night and there are creepy dudes wondering the streets.

It's crazy out there. It's crazy out in the streets.

And Jennie is a scaredy cat, trying to survive her stressful studies and working in a place like this to put some food in her stomach. One would think, a nineteen year old girl, soon turning twenty should be thriving in the glow of newly approaching adulthood.

But no. She is too busy cleaning aisle number six from where a child threw up last night.

And right now, the one person who she cares a lot about, also the reason she has this job, is sulking over the counter top. She tries to look normal but ain't no way she can hide those dark circles.

And Jennie, oh little Jennie have always been smart and quick to pick up broken hearts. She can see right throw the older woman.

"So.. how are you doing now?" She questions the woman, head titling to the side when the woman perks up at her words.

Jieun clears her throat, sitting up straight from where she is seated on top of the table. It's a good thing their manager is not here or he would be loosing his mind at the sight right now. "I'm doing good. Perfect actually."

Brows tilting up, Jennie points out to her. "Really? Cause your eyes are red and your face is swollen."

"What??" Jieun literally shouts right into her face, turning around to dig in her bag. She takes out her round powder kit, looking at the mirror to check her eyes.

Putting down his bag on the round table. Yeonjun who just arrived at the store smirks from behind when he sees Jieun. "Oh dear Ji, You were trying to show him you didn't care but you just finished a whole ass shift with him and i am sure he could probably tell that you cried rivers for him all night."

"Oh dear Yeonjun, you just arrived and you're already filled with bullshit." Jieun barks back, glaring at the young man who is teasingly sticking his tongue out at her.

"Did you though?" Yerin questions as she puts down another delivery box filled with cold drinks.

"I didn't." Jieun stubbornly denies.

Jennie sighs, staring at her friend with a worried gaze. "Did you really wanted to hurt him?"

Jieun shrugs her shoulders. "It wasn't a big deal for me."

"You kissed another man." Yeonjun reminds, hands in his pocket as he stands next to the counter.

Jieun almost flinch at the reminder. "I was drunk and it was a woman, shit face."