I Am Running On Coffee And Expired Food

The next day when Jennie leaves for college, she makes sure to watch her back with each step she takes

The next day when Jennie leaves for college, she makes sure to watch her back with each step she takes. Even if she lives in a complex building with high security, she can't shake the tremble in her legs when she remembers last night.

Looking up at the building, she wonders if she will find another place safe for her. Her parents used to live here after they got married and her uncle was once nice enough to let her stay here when she decided to move out of their house.

But now, she feels like she is all alone. Jieun is looking for a suitable apartment for her, but will she be able to effort it? She will be lucky enough to even find a small studio apartment with cheap rent, and usually these kind of places are found in not so friendly environment.

So she tries to push away the scene of last night from her head. She will soon face worse scenarios, so she needs to be strong.

The whole day goes by in worried thoughts, and she barely concentrate in her lectures. After her classes end, she walks down the corridor towards the canteen. Her stomach grumbles suddenly and she halts, embarrassed as she look around at the empty hallways.

She pulls out her wallet from her bag when she nears the canteen. and a smile lifts her lips when she feels it heavy with coins. She empty them out in her hand, counting through them until she has enough for a patty. But she remains a few coins short so she walks towards the small line forming in front of a cafe.

Now that she thinks of it, coffee is a lot better anyways since she has to work her night shift today. It will keep her up and going, hopefully.

The line get shorter and shorter, until she is at the front counter. She orders a plain black coffee, and the waitress asks. "Cash or card?"

Jennie perks up, passing the woman a close lipped smile. "Actually, I have coins. Is that okay?"

The waitress turns to her and nods. Jennie hands her the coins, a sigh of relief leaving her as the woman puts them inside the machine. "It will take a few minutes."

Jennie nods, getting out of the line to stand at the side. It's a good thing her stomach doesn't grumbles loudly, or she would dunk herself into a river if someone heard her. The very moment she gets to the store today, she promises herself to devour all the expired goods taken out from yesterday.

The waitress comes back with her drink and Jennie sips on it as she slowly walks out of the front gate of the college. The sun is dipping and the wind is pleasant in her skin. She takes a deep breath, calm passing through her first time since the day started.

"Yo, midget."

She looks to the left, recognising the voice. Yeonjun grins at her, his hand raising in the air to greet her. Jennie smiles back, carefully crossing the road and walking towards him.

"You know yourself so well. Didn't even take you a minute." He teases when she gets close.

She rolls her eyes. "I recognised your voice. Not what you said."