The Fellowship Of The Thing

Giggles vibrating every fiber of her being, little Jennie comes bouncing back from the snack aisle towards the front of the store

Giggles vibrating every fiber of her being, little Jennie comes bouncing back from the snack aisle towards the front of the store. Puffy cheeks lit in the sweetest blush, Jieun and Yerin watch her bumble up to them.

"Hm, what's got you so toasty, marshmallow?" Jieun asks, smiling at the youngest with her face resting in her palm. Relief washes over both of them, cause she is smiling for once, and not busy pouting and worrying over what happened.

Jay is not worth her time.

Jennie comes to a stop in front of them, a series of more giggles leaving past her chubby fingers which rests over her mouth. Shrugging her little shoulders, before swaying on the balls of her feet, she chirps out. "I did it."

"You finally lost your virginity?" Jieun asks, gaping at the little one. Weird. She started her shift a virgin maiden and now she leaves the store without it. Oh, what a fleeting thing virginity is.

But she is proven wrong when Yerin hits her in the back of her head, while Jennie stomps her feet on the ground. "No." The little one huffs and pixie dust flies everywhere. "I talked to Jungkook-shii."

Both the elders stop what they are doing and stare at the youngest. "You talked to him?" Yerin asks, staring down at the blushing youth as she nods.

"I thanked him when he came in while I was organizing the snacks. You were right. I feel a lot lighter now."

Jieun blinks at her and then at Yerin. "Didn't you say no one is supposed to talk to him today?" She mumbles, but Jennie hears her.

The smile that is beaming on the youngest's lips flatters as confusion slowly settles in. "What?"

Yerin stares at her for a good few seconds, but she sighs before the youngest starts to squirm in her place. "Nothing, bun. I'm so proud of you. You did a good job." She leans in over the counter to ruffle her soft hair. "Look at you, interacting with tall people. Are you finally accepting us as a part of society?"

Mouth parting, Jennie thinks over what just happened, but she is soon overwhelmed by the giddiness again so she shrugs it off. Grinning wide, she puffs her cheeks. "I still fear standing next to them though. I'm afraid it will start to make me feel like I'm being attacked. Not that something is wrong with my height. You guys are just too tall."

Jieun coos at that. "So what you're saying is, you are perfect and it is us who are all flawed?"

"Yup." Jennie nods her round head.

Both the elder woman stares at her puffy cheeks for a second before nodding along with her. "Makes sense."

No one is as pure as little Miss Jennie indeed. Everyone agrees to that.

Jennie smiles wide, her mouth flashing tiny, pearly white teeth. She looks so proud of herself and it's an extremely adorable sight to the two elders. "Alright, I'm finished with my shift. Do you want to come, unnie?" She turns to Yerin who nods while checking her watch.