I Came, I Saw, I Left

Jennie is left in tears

Jennie is left in tears. Not cause she's upset. Oh no. They are there cause she's pissed, she's angry. She is seething.

Head in her hands, she is squatting in the middle of the dark alley, rewinding through the bullshit her uncle just spouted. How dare that bald man?

Greedy and perverted, he is nothing but a skin that is old. After her father's dearth, he gave his words to look after her when she was young, took her home to his young wife and daughter. But that was all just a way to take over her father's business.

It has always been like this. He had all the riches in the world to spoil his snarky wife and bratty daughter any time. But when it came to her or her needs, he is always in depth and short with money, money that rightfully belongs to her.

That is why she left. And her uncle promised to support her studies and living expenses till she gets a proper job. One that pays her enough to have a proper apartment to herself.

But that bastard. She takes a deep breath. How can he do this to her? So much for being happy on her birthday.

"Jen, the food is here!" She hears Yeonjun shout from the inside.

Getting up and straightening her skirt, she turns around and wipes off her eyes of any water. He is not worth her tears.

Putting on a smile that she always has on, she enters the shop from the back door and walks towards the front where she can pick up the scent of delicious food.

Her stomach growls, just realising how hungry she is. She haven't eaten anything all day, and it's almost night. She feels guilt lumping her throat. She shouldn't do this to her body. This is too unhealthy.

But she knows her situation. Her hand is too short on the money.

She thanks the God above for having good friends. They have always taken care of her. But she cannot burden them with her problems.

Slumping down the seat when she reaches the table, she immediately digs in.

"Was it your uncle?" Yerin asks, blowing on her soup.

Jennie nods. "He wanted to wish me."

"Wow, did the sun rise from the west today?" Jieun remarks, slurping her spicy seafood noodles.

Jennie scoffs. "Seems like it." And continue eating her own noddles.

The silent settles in after that, no one being able to talk with stuffed mouths. There is nothing like a good spicy soup to cure a hangover.

That is when Yeonjun suddenly remembers something. "Oh yeah. Jennie, I didn't know you knew Jungkook hyung?"

To say Jennie was this close to choking is an understatement. Closing her mouth tightly to prevent anything from coming out, she force down the food, looking up at Yeonjun with big doe eyes.