Time For A Bit Of Improvisation

Jennie huddles up and sleeps next to Yerin that night

Jennie huddles up and sleeps next to Yerin that night. The older woman's one-person bed has never felt this big before. Or was it just Jennie who is just so small that she fits right into Yerin's arms?

She somehow also convinces the young girl to stay with her for a few days. At first, Jennie is fidgety and unsure, not wanting to bother the elder more than she already has.

Yerin lives in a studio apartment and she already shares it with someone. Jennie doesn't want to be a burden. But then again, she was so up high in a daze that she ended up nodding to the elder.

So here she is, clutching Yerin close to her body. She is shaking and Yerin can feel it. So she hugs her tightly to her side.

Jennie doesn't realize how long she sleeps. Yerin gets up before her and lets her sleep in to heal herself. It's when afternoon has raised the sun on top of the sky that her eyes flutter open.

She stretches into the warm pillow, her swollen eyes blinking in and out of sleep as she lays there. She wants to curl in the mattress and sleep in more, but somehow the irritating sting in the back of her lids slowly brings her towards consciousness.

She lays there with her eyes open and stares up at the unfamiliar ceiling. She knows where she is. Unfortunately, she also remembers what happened last night. She didn't have to think much about it, nor did she have to figure it out in her sleep haze.

The nightmare that plagued her mind all night was enough for her to remember.

Jay did this to her. He hurt her.

He also has her pictures and videos.

Not in a million years would she have thought this would happen. She studies with him. They take the same class, sometimes they even take the same bus to get home.

Has she been so blind? Or is it that he was so good at hiding that part of himself? He gave her a fake sense of security. And like a foul, she believed him.

Just like how she did back in high school. And that got her very hurt.

It's all her fault. She's so fucking dumb. Always the foul.

Her heart burns in her chest, and her eyes well up in tears, too emotional, very hurt, and much much more scared.

Why did she even accept his gift? She always kept him at arm's length. She was always careful because he was starting to make her uncomfortable. So why is it that she took his stupid gift?

If she was just a bit smart and refused his gift, then she would probably be in a better situation than this.

"Good morning."

Yerin's gentle voice grips her and brings her back from her train of thought. Jennie blinks, her head tilting a bit on the pillows towards the doorframe where she stands.