I'm Trying But They're Hot

Wiping down the tables placed in the corner of the store one by one, Jennie curses under her breath, aggressive hands cleaning the spots on the said table

No matter how much she is starting to hate this task, the clean freak in her jumps out of her skin and leaves no prints on the wood, till it's squeaky clean.

She is down to the last one when Jieun approaches from the back. "Hey, love." She sings, taking a seat in one of the chairs.

Jennie grumbles, pout sitting on the tip of her lips as she swipe away. Yerin chuckles when she sees that, also now approaching the small teenager. "You know what's coming, Jen?"

"My funeral?" Jennie guesses, exaggeration always a part of her personality.

It rewards her a slap in the butt from the back from Yerin.

"Your birthday." She corrects, leaning in on one of the tables. "We've planned something."

Hearing this and Jennie is suddenly as alive as ever. Throwing the paper towel on the table, she perks up and turns to the two women. "Now that's the shit i will like to talk about."

Jieun is immediately poking her on the stomach while Yerin shakes her head at the little one. "Now, don't get too jumpy. But I've asked the manager and he agreed to give you your payment earlier since it's your birthday."

Jennie's eyes well up in tears that instant, putting one hand over her mouth while the other goes to her heart. The two women watch the drama before them in shock fascination.

Such a big fucking drama queen.

"Unnie, I will gladly kiss your toes if you ask me now." She is serious as she proposes, Yerin's nose scrunching up as she stares at the messy lump of fluff smiling widely at her.

She was just shedding tears a second ago.

"Don't make that face, Yerin. I know you're into that." Jieun teases from the side, bursting out in fits of laughter when the oldest immediately shut her off.

Jennie winks at Yerin when their eyes meet and the oldest flush red. "Y'all are so fucking annoying."

"Hehe." Jennie giggles, now really jumping on her feet. "Tell me about your plan."

"Right." The oldest sighs. "Since your birthday is in two days and that also happens to fall on a work week day, we can't really do anything. So we decided that we will go out to a bar this coming Saturday. What you say?"

"We wanted you to have your first time drinking with us." Jieun smiles up at the teenager.

Jennie blinks, a smile also welcoming her face. "I'll love that. I've never been to a bar. Even though i have taken a few sips of vodka before."

"Yes, we are aware." Yerin ruffles her hair. "But this time since you're turning a legal age, you can drink as much as you want."

"And we'll take care of you." Jieun adds.