The Circle Of Idiots

"Jennie, can you come out here for a second

"Jennie, can you come out here for a second." Jennie hears Yerin call her from the counter.

The little one huffs, massaging her tired arms that she had stretched too much to arrange the upper column of the condom isle. Same shit, different day.

She slowly walks out of the row, noticing the way few lights are off in the main area upon approaching. She hums, confused.

"Happy birthday!!"

The girl flinches at the sudden shouts, a gasp leaving her as she practically jumps into the air. The lights switch on, and her wide eyes lands on the group of her co-workers smiling widely at her, a chocolate cake in Jieun's hands.

Hand in heart, she stares at them in shock, figure frozen in her place. Yeonjun is laughing his ass off in the side, his phone in his hand as he continues to take her video.

Jennie slowly comes down to earth, eyes pricking with tears but she blinks them away immediately. When was the last time she actually heard someone wish her birthday?

"You guys..." She trails off, hands falling to her side.

"Welcome to the adulthood, sweetheart." Yerin grins at her. "I would tell you 'you'll hate it here' but I guess you already know how that feels like."

Jennie can't help but giggle, shock leaving her skin now as she is able to move towards them. "I thought you said we won't be able to do anything before Saturday."

"I know. But we can't just miss the special day. We had to get you a cake on your birthday." Jieun explains, putting down the cake on the round table.

"Damn, this is going to make numbers, i tell ya." Yeonjun snickers, looking down at his phone.

Jennie turn to him, playfully glaring at the tall man who giggles at her. He pinch her round cheeks, pulling the soft skin till it's red. "Happy birthday, chicken wings. You can now officially say 'life sucks' without someone calling you a spoiled brat."

The girls hums, letting him abuse her cheeks. "And I guess that is a huge change."

"People will still call you that. As if we don't go through some serious shit just cause we're young." He muses. "Keep it up. You are our strongest soldier, after all." Leaning down towards her, he place a big kiss to her cheek.

With that, he moves away and give space to Hyunjin, Jieun's very handsome and cool boyfriend who steps towards her with a smile. "Hey, midget. Happy birthday to you."

He spread his arms and Jennie immediately jumps at him, giving him a big dear hug. Ever since the breakup, he was leaving the moment his shift was over. And Jennie has not seen him for a week and missed him dearly.

The man himself has become a lot quieter, unlike before when the sound of his rapping echoed the walls. He was also her dancing partner and they used to wiggle their asses everywhere around the store.