T Is For Trauma

Fatigue sits heavy on his shoulders today

He's been stuck in the shop for three days, working thirty hours in a row without a proper break. Jin has been breathing down everyone's neck lately cause his wife is heavily pregnant, so there was no chance to hit home and get a well deserved eyes shut.

So when he did finally finish his work, the first thing he did was hit the gym. And afterwards, the only thing he needed was a good smoke to calm his headache. But something completely unexpected happened.

And here he is.

The can of cold beer in his hand, he sits in the calm silence of the store. The clock is ticking late in the night, and the air has turned chilly outside. The store is also empty, except for him and her.

He can hear her, a small whispered voice mumbling over the phone. "When are you coming..?"

The store is so quiet that he can hear her. He takes a sip of his beer, leaning his back again the chair that seems too small for his broad back.

"I don't know... I think I saw someone at the back." She says to her coworker, curled and tense in the stool behind the counter. "He ran when he saw me."

"What the fuck?" Hyunjin curses on the other line. "Did you see his face? Fuck! Are you okay?"

Jennie nods, before realising he can't see her. "Yeah.. Can you please hurry up?"

"I'm on my way, okay. Don't be afraid. Are you alone right now?" Hyunjin questions and Jennie can hear his car roaring to life in the background.

"No, I'm not alone." Jennie's doe eyes travel towards the tabling area and linger over the quiet man. "There is someone here."

"Who?" The man inquires. "Is it a customer?" 

Jennie turns red at that. How is she going to tell him? She never says his name. To her, he is a man who shall never be named. "It's.. Jungkook-shii." She mumbles it quietly, but it reaches Hyunjin's ears. She flushes a deeper red, the way his name rolled off her tongue makes a zoo of butterflies fly around her tummy.

She curls further into a ball. Even his name sounds like something she shouldn't say. Everything about him is so intimidating.

"Jungkook's there? That's great then. Tell him to wait a little bit till I get there, okay? He will look after you." Jennie can practically hear her coworker sigh in relief at the mention of the tattoo man.

She blinks. "Look after.."

"Yeah. He's one scary fella. If that man comes back, he'll know what to do." Hyunjin tells her. "But don't be afraid, he's good."

Jennie's heart thuds loud in her ears, and she sneaks another glance at the man. He sits relaxed in his chair, his black hair pushed back to reveal his forehead and eyebrow stud. It shines against the white light of the store. She gnaw on her lower lip. He is big and buff, so he undoubtedly look like a very scary person.