Work The Night Shift, They Said..

Jennie wants to run away

She wants to sprint out of the store and run until she enters the void and disappears forever. But even when she is so tempted, she drills her feet to the floor and stands her ground.

This is big against the small.

Literally.

Jungkook towers over her even through the counter between them. And she stands tiny and defenceless against the world, all in her fluffy skirt and her bouncy ponytails.

She's pretty, she is. She should keep her head high. But when it's in front of him, really, who is she? His forehead is exposed today, his luscious black hair pushed back, maybe caused by the constant running of his hand through them.

It feels inappropriate. It does. Like a nude that's supposed to be kept a secret. Does he knows what it does to me? By the way, this is the author speaking. Hi :)

Back to the story, Jennie instantly averts her gaze when Jungkook takes a step in towards the counter after Jay walks away. She will never get used to this, it seems. She always start shaking like a rain drenched bun when he comes near.

So she tries to keep her cool. If something goes wrong, Yerin is standing just behind her. Now that Jennie has finally shared her feelings to Yerin about how much the man intimidates her, she will definitely step in to save the day.

But little Jennie is not prepared for the double attack.

Jimin is right behind him, his arm on Jungkook's shoulder as they both stare her down. Jennie turns red in the face that second, the blush visibly spreading her cheeks and traveling up to her ears.

Jungkook's gaze travel over her face and her half dolled up hair as Jimin tilts his plump lips up into an amused smile. "Two cigarettes, please."

Jennie is a baby. She was just born yesterday. Why is the world doing this to her? She immediately turns around to hide her red face, but her ears still gives her away.

She steps towards the cigarette compartment behind her and instantly realises that in order to get the packets, she will have to step on top of the little stepper placed against the wall.

She immediately crosses out that option. But if she doesn't use the stepper, then she will have to reach out for them. She imagines herself dangling in the air, trying to get to the cigarettes in front of two grown men watching in embarrassment and she kind of literally dies from the inside.

Perks of being a fucking dwarf.

Stepper it is then.

She steps on it with a now much redder face, unlocking and taking out the two packets of cigarettes, the right ones this time and gets down to the ground. It's been two months since she's been working here, and she stopped serving them a while ago cause she always hides when she sees them. So this is quite embarrassing.