Can't Wait To Tell This Story To My Grandchildren

"Guys, look look! My first paycheque!" Jennie comes bouncing back from the manager's office ten minutes later

Her co-worker friends cheer for her, clapping their hands as the little girl wave the envelop in her hand, a grin to her fluffy face. "Look! It has my name on it." She excitedly show her name written in bold italic in the back of the letter to her co-workers. "Hey me!!" She hugs it to her chest, body wiggling in hyper energy, her little braids bouncing around with her.

"Congrats to you." Yerin laughs, patting the head of the little energy ball that can't seem to stop bouncing on her feet in excitement.

"Isn't this exciting? I earned this." Dimples popping at stretch of her lips, Jennie turns the envelope and carefully peels the opening. "I have sacrificed my sleep and I have carried heavy weight for this. And it was totally," She pulls out the paycheque and turns it to look at the salary. "not worth it." Her smile disappears.

Yerin and Jieun also drop their smiles, the sudden change in the girl's entire body concerning.

Jennie blinks at the paper, staring at the tax cut. "Who's Samjong? Why is he getting all my money?" Excitement all gone, the girl now grumps, a pout falling over her lipglossed mouth.

Her two friends sigh, a relieved laugh leaving them. "Show me." Jieun stretches her hand, and once Jennie put the cheque in her palm, she turns and reads it.

Oh.. She realises. Looking up at Jennie, she puts a smile on her face. "This is not that bad."

"Yeah, this is totally fine for the first job." Yerin, who also peeked in on the cheque from behind expresses, both of them trying to cheer the girl on.

"Really?" Jennie very innocently questions and both of them feel their hearts melt. Well, if they have lied already, they might as well go with it.

"Yes, really."

"Totally. By the way, you did great. I'll treat you to dinner today." Yerin offers, and Jieun agrees, both of them feeling guilty for misleading the little girl.

But Jennie has always been smart, and she picks up on their lie quickly after their offer. Letting out a huff, she turns and starts to stomp off, the thrill of her salary all gone.

"It's the first time, that's why. Trust me, Jennie. It will get better in the future." Grabbing her hand, Jieun tries to lifts her mood.

Jennie looks up at her with a pout still on her lips. "Will it buy me all the pastries I want?"

"It will." Yerin nods without hesitation.

Jennie stares at the two older women for a whole minute, thinking it all through. In the end, she decides to let it go.

"Chao anyways so." She takes the cheque from Yerin's hand and skips away, happy in her steps again, as if she hasn't just went all whiny and puffy on them.

"It's so easy to satisfy her." Jieun muses in the air between them.

"I heard little things gets fascinated very easily." Yerin states, both of them watching the youngest bumble away towards the condom isle.

"They do, don't they?"

Jennie slowly comes to a stop when she is out of sight. She sighs, looking down at the paper in her hand. All that work she did for one and a half month, just for this. This will not pay for her tuition bills at all.

Frustration ticks her head and she throws her head back, trying to calm her breathing. It's okay. She can do it. She has to learn to manage. Guess another week of expired goods from the store is it then.

In the meantime, she has to look for a second job. Cause in this payment, she won't be able to continue her studies at all.

And that is the last thing she wants.

"That just took me back to when I got my first paycheque." Hoseok smile, skipping down the last stairs of the store. "It was too little. I remember crying my eyes out."

Jimin chuckles from behind him, his puffer jacket sitting on one of his shoulders while the other is hanging off. "Well that's too bad."

Hoseok whip his head around, glaring offensively at the young man. "Don't you dare. You will never understand the pain cause your first job paid you multiple cheques in one week."

"That's cause I was working as a choreographer." Jimin smirks at the man, never one to show off but the little deva in him comes out once in a while.

Hoseok scoffs, his head turning to the left where the other man silently walks, a smoke stick between his fingers. "What about you, Jeon?"

Exhaling the smoke out from his mouth, Jungkook replies. "I never had to work."

"It this your first job then?" Hoseok wonders. He doesn't know much about anyone since he joined the shop recently, especially about Jungkook. The man has been working in the shop for five years and even the co-workers, who've been working alongside him for years don't know much about him. He is closed off and silent.

That is exactly why Hoseok likes him.

"Not really." Discarding the last bit of the cigarette, Jungkook buries his hands inside his pants pocket.

"You can say he is one talented motherfucker." Jimin speaks up from the other side. "He got the job in the first try."

Hoseok nods. Jimin and Jungkook go way back. Of course, he knows everything about the silent man.

Jungkook breathes in the cold air, remembering the scene from before. Her round pouty face flashes before his eyes and his lips tilt up into a small smile.

What an entertaining little human.

——————————

If y'all are not watching the Pakistani drama 'Tere Bin' then what are you doing? It's beautiful, it's iconic, it's the apple of my eye. Especially the male lead 👀 those eyes can get me to do just about anything istg.

However, we must talk about today's chapter's Jungkook cause he be getting me all hot and bothered. I love my man mysterious and dark ya know. But you must also know that these are all charming in just novels. If someone irl cornered me in a wall and smirked at me, it will be my fist that'll meet their face.

However I hope you like the chapter. Leave lots of love in your way.

💜💜