How Was My Innocent Mind Supposed To Know That

Open the picture above. You're welcome ;)

 You're welcome ;)

"Hey, Jennie."

The little one looks up from her open book, eyes landing on the man that is looming over her with a smile on his face.

"Hey, Jay." She smiles back. She is currently in the cafeteria, having just come out of her lecture.

"Are you done with your classes?" Jay asks, putting down his bag opposite of her.

Jennie blinks, watching as he takes a seat in front of her. "No. I have one more class after this."

The man chuckles when he hears that. "Man, I don't know how you do this. With a job and all."

"It's alright. I'm living by it." She replies, though it's the opposite of what she feels.

It is very hard having a job while studying. Especially since she works the night shifts. By the time she comes back home, she is dragging her feet on the ground while trying hard to keep herself up. It has become a daily thing now.

After barely sleeping for three hours, she gets up and leaves for her classes. In the evening when they finish, she comes back home. If she's lucky, she will get a little nap before she gets up and leave for work. This has been going on for almost two months now.

And usually, she is motivated enough to work and study at the same time. But ever since her Uncle has told her about the halt of her college fee and moving of her apartment, she is hanging by a thin thread.

It doesn't help cause she's been having very stress filled calls with him lately, trying to make him understood while listening to his bullshit.

"You know.."

She comes back to earth, staring at the man who smiles soft at her. His hand raise and she kind of tenses up when he place it over hers that is over her open book.

"If you need any help, I'm always here." He reassures the young girl, patting her hand before squeezing it.

Jennie is stiff for a good few seconds, before she lifts a smile on her face. "I will.." She waits for him to remove his hand and unknowingly sighs out when he does.

He sounded like he knew what she was going through.

The bell rings from behind, and the man perks up. "I should get going. It's my last class. See you around, then."

The girl watch him get up, picking up his bag after him. "See you around.." Her back leaning against the chair, she watch him walk off.

Jennie sneak behind Jieun, lips in a thin line, making her cheeks puff up. She leans down, slow and quiet. "Unnie!"

The woman jumps in her seat. "Holy mother of pearls!!"