The First Time I Kinda Believed

"Take care, okay

"Take care, okay. And don't forget to eat the soup I left for you in the fridge." Yerin speaks over the phone with Jennie, and only cuts the call when the younger reassures her she would.

She sighs and pulls the phone away from her ear. When she looks up, Jieun is already looking at her with big eyes from the counter. The elder of the two nods her head, and Jieun sighs in relief too.

It's good that Jennie is eating well now. They all have made sure to keep tabs on her after everything that happened. It's been a week since that incident. Jennie stayed with Yerin for three days, before she moved back to her apartment.

The youngest was very skeptical, and she stood outside her apartment door for a good ten minutes. The others had to coax her into entering through the door, reassuring her that before they brought her there, they had turned the apartment upside down and taken away everything that looked too suspicious.

Two days prior to that, Yeonjun had grabbed the bear by the head when he found it deep into the shelf while cleaning up, and he had pulled both its eyeballs off the head. The ripped-up bear now sits in his own room, its eyes hollow and vacant.

He perfects his catch with it now, throwing the small ball roughly at it and it bounces back into his hand. He continues to do so until the bear falls to the ground.

He picks it up, sets it up on the shelf again, and does it all over again.

He wishes he was doing that to Jay. But the bastard has gone into hiding after that night. Seems like the punch from Jungkook really knocked him out.

Yerin tilts her head outside the store, the glass door giving her the view of Yeonjun and Hyunjin huddled up together, no doubt thinking of a perfect plan. They have been working through it slowly for the past week, not wanting to screw up anything that might result in Jay actually leaking the photos.

They all are aware that the photos and videos he has have nothing explicit in them. Jennie is as innocent as a blooming child. She can't even hold a guy's hand, no way would she bring someone over to the apartment. The only thing he might have are her nudes.

When they talked to Jennie about it, she told them she always changes in the bathroom. But there might have been a time when she was in a rush and walked out of the bathroom in her undies or with a towel wrapped around her.

That might not be much. But for someone as timid as Jennie, it means her life is ruined.

They can't risk this.

Yerin walks over towards the door, her brows raising when she finds an unusual sight ahead. It's usually just Hyunjin and Yeonjun, not letting anyone get a whiff of what they are up to, but today, Jungkook stands with them.

She blinks, pushes the door open, and walks outside. Well, nothing wrong with Jungkook being there, cause it's because of him that Jennie is safe in the first place.