Chapter 1: What Started It All

⚠️TW: Abuse, trauma, and sensitive topics in this chapter

"How many times do I have to teach you how to act?!" Sister Imperator yells causing Dew to flinch a little at the sudden loudness. Before he can say anything Sister smacks him, leaving a red patch across his face before she walks away. Dew walks down the hallway to his room cupping his cheek trying to make the stinging stop. He opens the door but is quickly stopped by Aether and Cirrus.

"Dew, are you alright? What happened?" Cirrus asks as she walks over to the smaller ghoul. "Apparently having a personality around here is a crime" Dew responds with tears in his eyes as Cirrus pulls him close and hugs him. Aether grabs a cold wash cloth and puts on Dews cheek where the smack is, causing the smaller ghoul to flinch at the sudden coldness. After a little while Dew walks back into his room and locks the door, sinking down against it and quietly crying as not to alert the other ghouls and ghoulettes.

Soon it was sunset and it began to gently rain outside and dew walked over to his window and watched the water fall from the clouds as he continued to cry, when suddenly a knock was heard from his door. "Dude, are you coming to dinner or what?" Said the voice dew recognized it as Swiss. "Not hungry" was all the small ghoul said as he kept watching the water droplets run down the glass of his window. Before Swiss left he heard the sadness lacing his best friends voice, he sighed quietly and walked off to eat dinner with the others.

After a while Dew heard the others walking down the hallway, he wrapped his tail around himself as he put his forehead on his knees. "Dew, are you ok in there, you haven't left your room for a while? We have food for you if you unlock the door." Cumulus spoke softly from outside the door. Slowly Dew got up and unlocked the door, after hearing the door be unlocked Cumulus opened the door holding a plate of food. She saw the ghouls tear stained face and shaking form and gave him a saddened look. "Sister hurt you again didn't she?" She asks sadly, setting doesn't the plate of food on Dew's dresser.

Dew nodded slowly, Cumulus gave him a hug and told him if he needed to talk she'd listen then she walked out, closing the door behind her. Dew had made up his mind in that moment that once everyone was asleep he'd runaway, he didn't know where but somewhere away from Sister's abuse every time he was just trying to be himself and have a little fun. Sunset was right around the corner when he began to pack some of his things such as spare clothes, a hairbrush, basic stuff he'll need, and a picture of him and the other ghouls, ghoulettes, and Papa Copia was standing in the middle.

Dew placed the picture in his backpack and waited for the others to fall asleep, the rain hadn't stopped so he pinned his long caramel hair up and put on a jacket. He set his backpack on his bed and turned into his human form as he looked out the window at the tree branch where he always sat with one of the other ghouls or ghoulettes when times got really tough for him. The others would comfort him when they knew he needed it, he was brought out of his deep thought when he felt his stomach ache and rumble a little bit in hunger. He turned to look at the food Cumulus had brought him earlier, the plate had some mashed potatoes, corn, and some meatloaf. Before he could do anything else yet again there was a knock on his door, the door crept and revealed Copia.

The newly appointed papa stood in shock in the doorway as he slowly realized that one of his ghouls was to the point of running away. "D-Dew, where are you going? It's really late you should be asleep." Papa spoke as he walked closer to the ghoul. "Clearly Sister doesn't want me here, I'm tired of the abuse and always being in the wrong no matter what I do or how hard I try. So I'm done, I'm leaving and tell Sister I died or some shit, she won't care anyways." Dew said as he opened the window and jumped onto the tree before Papa could stop him. Papa watched with tears in his eyes as his lead guitarist left after being pushed to his limit due to Sisters abuse and constant nagging towards him every day.

Dew slid down the side of the tree, causing small cuts to form in his hand from the bark. Then after one final glance of the ministry he ran down the sidewalk so the others wouldn't catch him once Papa wakes them up to tell them he'd left. After a while of running through the rain he sees a cozy looking house so he curls up in a ball on the front porch, hoping the owner won't mind if he stayed for a little bit. But soon what had happened had set into his mind and he started to cry, and soon after he started crying he shifted back into his ghoul form unintentionally. But before he could shift back the door to the house opened and revealed a human figure who looked at him in shock and concern. Dew started shaking scared of what was going to happen next.

To Be Continued...