Chapter 3: The Others

2 days till the blood moon

You had noticed Dew acting strange compared to yesterday, so you grabbed a book about ghouls that was on your shelf. Opening the book and heading to the blood moon section, you notice that the moon phases have different effects of different types of ghouls. "Dew, what type of ghoul are you?" You ask and keep looking through the book. Soon Dew walks up beside you and gets right by your ear before whispering "used to be water but now I'm almost a pure fire ghoul".

As he says that you feel his tail wrap around your waist then he rests his head on your shoulder. You leave him be and keep looking through the book till you find the effects of the blood moon on fire ghouls. After reading it you couldn't help but blush at the newly found information. "So when the blood moon happens are you sure you want to be alone? I can help yo-" Before you can finish your sentence his gaze meets yours, intimidating you. "Blood moon ghouls are far too dangerous for a human to handle. Barely anyone has survived it, especially since the moons effect lasts longer than a full moon or a new moon does." He says while looking you right in the eyes. "I don't want to hurt you because you let me out of the room, please don't open that door when it's the day of the blood moon." Dew says as he grabs your hands and holds them. Then suddenly there's a knock on the door causing Dew to flinch and run off to go hide somewhere in the house. When you walk over to the door and open it you're met with 2 people standing on your porch.

One was taller with longish black hair, deep blue eyes, and a little bit of facial hair. The other sideburns, a nose ring, and wore a silver chain necklace. "Sorry for bothering you but have you seen our friends he ran away last night, we just want to find him and bring him back home." Said the person with the nose ring as he handed you a picture of a person, it looked like Dew. "What's your friends name?" You ask the two of them. "His names Per but he goes by Sodo." Said the one with black hair his gaze not meeting yours.

Soon you hear something in the kitchen, this causes you all to freeze and stay silently for a moment. "Is anyone else here with you and if so can we ask if they've seen our friend?" Asks the man with the nose ring. "It's just my roommate, they're pretty antisocial so I don't think it would be wise." You tell them as you get the feeling of being watched. "Please we need to find our friend, we're worried sick and don't want him to get hurt." The person with black hair said. You let them in your house, but told them both not to go anywhere for your "roommates" safety so he doesn't get scared or overwhelmed. "I'm Chris and this is Cosmo, sorry we didn't introduce ourselves sooner." Says Chris as he looks around for any sign of their friend. "My names Y/N." You all freeze when you see the blankets in the couch and his now empty backpack on the floor beside it. From down the hall you saw a door cracked open as if someone was listening to the three of you talk.

"Can we please talk to your roommate, it's really important." Cosmo says and finally looks you in the eyes, his eyes were watering like he was going to cry. "He's here" Chris said as he turns to look Cosmo in the eyes. You look to where they're both looking behind you and see a set of almost completely amber eyes watching you from down the hall. "Why are you hiding him Y/N?" Chris asks stepping closer to the hallway which makes the eyes dart away quickly. Before you know it you see Chris come back into the living room carrying Dew or as they called him earlier, Sodo. Then sat the little ghoul on the couch next to you.

"Do you realize how much you worried everyone at the ministry when you decided to just up and leave!?" Chris said sternly as his eyes flashed purple. Cosmo walked over, hugged Dew, then started crying into Dew's shoulder. "Y/N already knows." Dew says in a serious tone before turning back into ghoul form and wrapping his tail around Cosmo and rubbing his back. Soon the other two shifted into their ghoul forms, Chris's eyes were now bright purple and his horns and tail also had a purple tent to them. Cosmo on the other hand, his eyes were now a royal blue color, his horns and tail has a blue tent to them just like how Chris's does. "Y/N this is Aether and Rain. And I'm guessing you're all hunting me down so Sister can abuse me 10 times what she already did." Dew said with an attitude you hadn't seen come out of him his whole stay so far.

"Dew, you're coming home whether you want to or not. Papa has been frantic and hasn't slept since you left." Aether shoots back with the same attitude Dew had. Rain whined into Dews neck causing the argument to be put on hold. The small ghoul continued to rub Rains back while staring daggers at Aether. "Rain has been like this since papa told us all you left. He also told us that if you didn't want to come back then he's summoning Alpha, Omega, and Ifrit to hunt you down." Aether said, the three names made Dew freeze for a moment. "H-He wouldn't-He can't send my own brother after me all because I left. A-Alpha would rip me apart the first chance he gets." Dew says with tears in his eyes.

To Be Continued...