Chapter 9: Alpha's Return

Both you and Dew were asleep in your bed with the TV still playing softly in the background as you awoke. A soft purring noise can also be heard from the small ghoul sleeping soundly in your arms with his face in the crook of your neck. Gently, you move some hair out of his face and pin it behind his pointed ear. His tail wrapped around your leg and one of his clawed hands set gently on your chest as he slept. You smile at his sleeping figure as you gently pull the blankets up more which makes him purr louder.

After some time of playing on your phone and scrolling through TikTok quietly as not to wake him, you hear mumbles and feel Dew's tail tighten around your leg. Turning to look at him, you see his amber and blue eyes half open and looking up at you. "Morning sleepyhead" you say playfully as you kiss his forehead. He hums in response before hugging you, still half asleep. Suddenly you feel Dew freeze and sit up. Before you can ask what's wrong you hear clawed footsteps against the hardwood floor in the hallway and making their way to your room.

The door to your bedroom opens and there in the doorway stands Alpha, claws out, and looking directly at you and Dew with anger and another emotion that you can't quite read. "Runt I'm tired of your shit, get your things and come home." Alpha says as he walks over and grabs Dew's arm, only for Dew to pull away and bare his pointed fangs at his brother. "Alpha, I am home, also if I go back Sister is going to have me executed." Dew says with tears in his eyes while still having his usual attitude.

"Wait...Imperator still abuses you!?" Alpha said with anger and disbelief. You stay quiet so you don't get drug back into another argument between the two brothers. "YES GENIUS THATS WHY I LEFT!" Dew yells at his brother as if it wasn't already obviously the reason. "And the others just stood around and watched you get abused by that old hag!" The older brother says as the fire in his eyes burned brighter with hatred and uncontrollable rage. "I need to have a little chat with that sick son of a bitch. she abuses you, then whenever you've had enough and leave, she hires us to bring you back so she can abuse you more!" Alpha's words get progressively louder as he speaks. Soon the two brothers are talking and somewhat getting along, you're just thankful that the two haven't ripped your house apart.

Later Alpha and Dew finds you making some food in the kitchen. "So you're my brothers mate~" Alpha says teasingly as he approaches you, Dew follows close behind him. "Dew, did you not mark em?" The tall ghoul asks as he turns to look at his younger brother. The small ghoul only shakes his head no and glances up at you then back to the ground. "Y/N, apologies for the other day, but if you hurt Dew I will shred you. Only I can beat him up for no reason." Alpha says with a smirk. "The food will be ready soon if you boys want to go have a seat." You say kindly to the ghouls. Dew walks up and hugs you, his arms around your waist as he says thank you.

(Here's the food you made :D)

Both ghouls looked down at the food you had made in awe. Dews tail swayed quickly behind him after he took a bite of the burger, "Y/N this tastes so good." Alpha hesitantly took a bite and little did he know his tail was swaying behind him just like his younger brother. After you all ate Alpha says his goodbyes and vanishes like what had happened once before. Dew laid his head on your shoulder and started purring loudly as the two of you got comfy on the couch and watched the TV together just like you had done the night before.