Chapter 14: Mysterious New Powers

"Y/N, Come on wake up please!" Is all you hear as you slowly open your eyes to reveal the ghoulettes circling you. Sunshine was holding your left hand, cirrus holding your right, and Cumulus cupping your cheek with tears in her eyes. Turning your head slightly, you see Dew laying limply in Swiss's arms as Aether tries to wake him and Rain was crying while Mountain comforted him. "D-Dew!" You say panicked as you sit up, only to be gently pushed back down by Cirrus. The ghouls turn to look at you in surprise, "H-How are you awake?" Aether asks as lose tears fall down his face.

"What do you mean?" You ask as Aether walks over towards you. "The spell that Chains cast on you was supposed to be lethal to mortals, unless..." Aether says panicked but freezes and he turns to look at you with widened tear filled eyes. The others catch onto what Aether's suspicion and all turned to look at you with the same look that he has. "Swiss, lay Dew down. We have to talk to Papa...Now" Aether says as him and the others walk out. Swiss lays Dew down beside you then follows close on Aether and the others trail, leaving you highly confused and worried.

Turning over to face Dew you see him motionless as he takes shallow breathes while he still lays limply. "Dew, sweetie please wake up, I'm worried please." You say as tears form in your eyes. You place your hand on his chest and it begins to glow brightly, then moments later it fades and Dew slowly awakes. He whines at the pain that was sent through his body from the spell as you watched in shock. "Y-Y/N! HOW, That spell was lethal to the both of us! How did..." Dew asks as he looks at you with widened eyes only for you to cut him off with a kiss.

"I don't know, I'm just happy you're ok" you say as you cup his cheek and hold him against you and in your arms. Suddenly Papa IV, Sister Imperator, Papa Nihil, and the other ghouls and ghoulettes rush back into the room. "The prophecy is coming true!" Nihil and Sister say in unison.