Chapter 24: The Pit

A/N: prepare the waterworks and tissues that's all I'm saying

You woke up next to Dew on a dusty floor. A sharp pain shot through your head from being knocked out as you sit up and pull Dew's unconscious body close to you. His hair was all tangled and filled with dust from the floor. He laid limp in your arms as you held him. Suddenly light filled the dimly lit room as a gate was opened by Aether and Omega. The two quintessence ghouls walk over and growl at the sight of the smaller ghoul still knocked out in your arms. Dew whimpers in pain and opens his eyes but starts panicking when he realizes what's going on. Aether picks him up and Omega grabs your hand and leads you to the main arena of the pit. "Ready for round 2 pipsqueak? Because I know Alpha sure as hell is." Aether says as he tosses Dew into the middle of the arena. Omega tugs your hand roughly which makes you fall right down beside Dew as he whimpers in fear as the other gate opens. "Bye bye DewDrop. See you back in Hell." Omega says before him and Aether climb the walls of the arena and sit in the stands. The horns of battle sound which means the opponent is coming out of their side of the pit. "Y/N, if I go back to Hell and can't be with you ever again I want you to know, I love you more than anything. Stay back and I'll protect you." Dew says as you feel your eyes fill with tears at his words as his voice breaks. You can see his eyes watering when suddenly the sound of evil demonic laughter fills the air.

"D-Dew, I love you too. I promise I'll stay with you during all of this." You tell Dew which makes him shake his head and beg you just to stay away from the fight between him and his brother. But before he can finish his sentence the bells to start the battle ring. Alpha's eyes are completely white and his tail flicks wildly behind him. "What's wrong brother? It's just a round two and this time Omega isn't gonna save your sorry ass!" Alpha yells as he gets closer to the two of you. "Y/N RUN!" Dew shouts as he shoves you as Alpha tackles him to the ground and grabs hold of Dew's throat. You panic and run over to grab a broken piece of metal from the side of the arena wall. Then after grabbing it you rush over and smack Alpha with it which makes him let go of Dew and slash your arm open. Dew's eyes widen at the sight of your now bleeding arm then suddenly go black like during the lunar eclipse. Dew kicks Alpha off him and starts punching and drawing blood on him only for Alpha the grab Dew by the tail then punch him in the gut, knocking the wind out of the small ghoul. You threw a punch at Alpha but he grabbed your hand then punched you across the face. Dew charged again but Alpha hit him and knocked him to the ground with blood running out his mouth.

Suddenly a figure rushed in front of Dew before Alpha could deliver the finishing blow to his brother. Then silence fell over the whole arena went completely silent as blood oozed from the figure, Omega. Omega held the wound and looked Alpha in the eyes before he fell to the ground. Dew weakly crawled towards Omega who laid motionless on the pit floor. Alpha snapped out of his trance Chains had put him in and he fell to his knees. "OMEGA! NO YOU CAN'T DIE ON ME! NOT HERE! STAY AWAKE COME ONE LOOK AT ME DAMN IT!" Alpha yells as tears run like waterfalls down his face. You rush over and put your hands on Omega's wound trying to heal it as quickly as possible. Ifrit jumps the wall and runs over to try and calm Alpha down before the entire pit goes up in flames with everyone inside it. Your hands glow when suddenly you hear a loud scream of pain, when you turn and look towards where the scream had came from you see all Papa Nihil's ghouls slaughtered. Omega grabs your arm and nods to tell you that the wound is better. Aether and the other ghouls jump the wall and rush into the pit to escape Chains. As Rain goes to hop the wall Chains grabs him and holds a blade to his neck as the sweet water ghoul starts crying in fear as everyone turns and looks in terror.

"NO ONE IS LEAVING THIS PIT UNTIL YOU ALL MEET MY DEMANDS!" Chains shouts as he pulls Rain closer to him, keeping the knife on the water ghouls neck. "IF YOU DO NOT DO AS I SAY I WILL NOT HESITATE TO KILL THIS SORRY EXCUSE FOR A WATER GHOUL!" Chains yells which makes everyone freeze and Omega sits up slowly as not to make the pain worse. "MY FIRST DEMAND IS TO BRING ME THE DAMN ALTER BLOOD!" Rain cries harder and tries to yell but Chains chokes him. But before anyone could reach you see Papa Copia rush up behind Chains with a large obsidian blade then plunge the obsidian part all the way through the ghoul in the cloak. The knife in the ghouls hand falls to the ground and breaks into tiny pieces then Chains falls onto the ground after Copia pulls the blade out of him. Rain rushes over to Mountain while sobbing and Omega walks over and hugs Alpha tightly as Ifrit joins in as Alpha cries into Omega's shirt. "I've had it with these mother fucking snakes on this plane." Papa Copia says as he wipes the blood off the blade.

*timeskip to later that night*

Rain was still latched onto Mountain and Swiss while they comforted him. Aether was constantly checking on his brother while Alpha and Ifrit clung to Omega. Dew was checking on you while you healed his wounds. And Sister Imperator had completely vanished  off the face of the earth. But soon the moon was at its highest point and you went back to Dew's room, he followed close behind you. After cleaning up the mess from the fight you and the small fire ghoul cover up and turn a movie on as you hold each other tightly, sharing affectionate kisses every once in a while.