Chapter 10: Welcoming Surprise

After a nap you don't feel Dew laying on you but you hear voices coming from the other room. When you open your eyes you see Dew crying while holding one of the ghouls you had saw only days ago. Aether and Rain, once you got up and walked over to the three of them Dew immediately clung to you. "Y/N, Papa wants us to take Dew back with us." Aether says which only makes the little ghoul in your arms more upset.

Suddenly Aether's phone begins ringing. He stands up and answers it while moving into the other room. The moment you lay Dew down in a comfortable position Rain begins nuzzling against him and trying to show Dew that they still care for him and want him to come home. Moments later Aether returns, he wears a shocked but excited look. "Dew, Y/N, Papa said that both of you are coming with us." Dews eyes go wide as he sits up and looks at you then to Aether. Rain begins purring happily at the thought of his friend and a new potential friend coming home to meet everyone.

*after you pack some of your stuff*

"Are we all ready? Because if we want to get to the Ministry before sundown then we need to get going." Asks Rain happily as he smiles and sways his tail. Dew walks out of the back room with his backpack and a worried look on his face. "Dew, we won't let Sister hurt you. She's not allowed near you especially after Papa found out what she did to you." Aether said as his clawed hand cups Dews face in its palm. The three ghouls turn into their human forms then Dew grabs your hand, holding it as you all walk out of your house and lock the doors behind you. Aether and Dew bully each other the whole walk while you and Rain make jokes and try to stop the other two from murdering each other.

Once at the ministry you see more people standing at the doors almost like they had been waiting for a while. Once they see Dew they all run over and hug him. You recognize them from the picture that Dew had brought with him and showed you after you had first met him. Swiss, a tall man that is taller than the whole group, and a trio of girls all did a group hug with Dew even though they made a wall around him so he couldn't escape. When they all got done welcoming him back they moved on to you and were asking questions to get to know you. When you all walked inside the giant building you were took back by the Victorian goth style that covered the whole interior of the large church like building.

Then you saw an elderly man walk down the stairs with a couple of little children following him

Then you saw an elderly man walk down the stairs with a couple of little children following him. A younger man followed behind, wearing an all black suit and a sparkly blue jacket. Dew and the others freeze and Dew tries to hide behind you only for the man in the sparkly jacket to see him and run over, nearly shoving the older man down the stairs. "Damn it Copia, watch what you're doing for Lucifer's sake." Says the older man while the two kids protect him and keep him steady. The man now known as Copia walks over to you and Dew. Before Copia can even reach out to formally greet you Dew shifts back into ghoul form and let's out a warning growl, almost cat like. The other ghouls do it too as an elderly woman walks down the stairs. Soon all the ghouls have their eyes locked on the woman as she walks closer. Out of pure instinct, Dew tries to pull you away from the approaching elder but Copia stops him. "Not yet Dew, she wants to apologize." Copia says, but Dew has other plans. Dew pulls you against him and holds you tightly. "If she wants to apologize so damn bad she can bring it up with her superior!" Dew raises his voice then points at a trash bin before pulling you down a hallway away from the large group.