Chapter 25: Revival of the Fittest

You awoke to a knock on the bedroom door, dew still slept soundly in your arms. Quietly the door opened revealing Papa Copia who was holding a book and soon the door opened more to reveal Papa Nihil. You wave and put your finger to your mouth,  signaling for them to be quiet due to the sleeping ghoul in your arms. Both Papas nod and quietly walk into the room Copia silently set on the bed and held the book out to you. "Y/N, do you think you could use your powers two more times please?" Copia whispers as you read the cover of the book, "Revival Rituals and Spells." Papa Nihil makes his way over and the two explain how Nihil was missing his 3 sons named Primo, Secondo, and Terzo. You went wide eyes and blinked a couple of times at the name Primo. "You mean like...the man who was in the library whenever the eclipse happened?" You ask which makes both Papas give you a shocked look. "See dickhead I told you we should've checked there!" Copia accidentally says a bit too loudly which makes Dew jump and cling closer to you. "Sorry little guy, I didn't mean to startle you." Copia says as Nihil walks off, probably going to the library to find his eldest son. "Also we might have to sow Terzo's head back on. The poison wouldn't work on him so they beheaded him." Copia says as he walks off to go find Nihil and Primo. "Why were them guys in here and why are they asking you about the dead Papa's?!" Dew asks annoyedly from being woken up.

He growls when his eyes see the spell book. You kiss his forehead before pulling him up to sit in your lap. "You can't be serious about this! Secondo always had parties and Terzo isn't too fond over what happened before he died." Dew said as his tail curled around him. He looked you in the eyes before leaning in and kissing you deeply. "If you do this I'm going with you, I don't want you to be alone during this process." He said after pulling away from the kiss. But before you or Dew could do anything the door flung open and revealed the ghoulettes who wore worried faces and ran into the room before closing and locking the door behind them. "We need a place to hide." Cumulus says as she looks at Dew, who tilts his head. Before Dew can ask why someone knocks on the door which the fire ghoul lets out an annoyed sigh and opens it to see Aether. "Where are they?" He asks knowing that Dew knew about the three ghoulettes hiding from him. "Depends...what did they do?" Asks the fire ghoul who now leans against the doorway and looks at his claws like a rich woman would her nails. "They ate the last of the banana bread that had my name on the packaging of it." Aether says as you watch his tail flick behind him. Dew laughs and opens the door, letting Aether enter the room. "Have fun buddy." Is all Dew says as the ghoulettes scatter around the quintessence ghoul and run out of the room. Soon Aether follows them and Dew laughs before getting up and closing the door.