Chapter 11: Struggles

As soon as Dew practically drags you down the dimly lit hallway Aether follows close behind. "Dew you know you can't talk to her like that! She's our superior and summoner!" Aether says sternly. Dew freezes which causes you to bump into him softly, he lets go of your hand and turns to face Aether. "Says you, you've always been the damn favorite while the rest of us struggle along in Imperator's fucking game!" Dew yells as he points his finger and walks towards Aether angrily. You take a step back due to never seeing his anger like this out of the whole time he's been with you.

"If you even remotely cared you would've stopped her from throwing me into the pit with Alpha and Ifrit whenever we were first summoned! But no you didn't, you just watched as I almost died and you only decided to help once your damn brother got involved!" Dew yells as he gets in Aether's face his tail swaying angrily behind him. Aether shoves Dew backwards but you catch him before he hits the ground. "I'd watch my tone runt, at least I didn't have sex with a human I barely knew the second I ran away!" Aether yelled back. Soon Rain and the others ran down the hall and broke up the fight, Dew grabbed your hand and took you back to his bedroom.

Dew pushes open the door and tosses his backpack down as he plopped down on his bed, burying his face in a fluffy pillow

Dew pushes open the door and tosses his backpack down as he plopped down on his bed, burying his face in a fluffy pillow. Sadly, you set your things down and sit on the bed beside him then rub his back just how you know he likes it. He turns to face you, tears on the verge of falling down his greyed cheeks as his face rests on the pillow. He lets out a saddened and hurt whine as he sits up. "Y-Y/N, I'm sorry you had to see all...that." He says as he pulls you closer to him and lays you down on his bed. He then lays on top of you and lays his face in the crook of your neck. A knock on the door makes both of you jump, "Dew, can we talk for a moment?" When you turn to see the knock had come from Mountain with Rain standing close behind him.