Chapter 37: Jesus Is Coming...

The sound of birds chirping woke you from your slumber. Groaning at the ache in your head you feel like something was jabbing your eye with needles but it faded after a few moments. After sitting up you hear Rain splashing around in the water of the lake that was only a few feet away. Dew sat up beside you and kissed your cheek then when's you turned to face him he froze. "RAIN! COME HERE!" He exclaimed which made the water ghoul emerge from the lake with a groan. "I know you're pissy because I interrupted your little mermaid audition with the fishes but look at Y/N's eye!" Dew told Rain who was now beside you and gasped when he saw that one of your eyes was like the Papa's, one ghost white and the other the same as before.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE GONNA DO?!" Rain yelled and stood then he began pacing with his tail swaying in distress behind him. "Rain, Dew, I'll be ok just tell me what this means." You spoke softly which helped Rain calm down a little bit Dew was still steaming through the old gills on his neck from when he was still a full time water ghoul. "We need to tell Copia...maybe he can help. Or maybe Terzo will tell us what to do, but Dew we can't just-" Rain suggested but Dew cut him off by growling. "If we tell Copia or Terzo then we're gonna be sent back to hell and Y/N will be executed!" Dew yelled which made Rain whimper and back away from the two of you, grabbing his clothes and getting dressed before freezing in his tracks. "G-Guys...Who the actual fuck is that?!" The water ghoul asks as you get dressed from last night. Looking to where the water ghoul was you saw a man and 8 people following behind him. The man was wearing a priest outfit and had a beard that matched his dark hair.

Dew put his boxers and pants on before standing beside Rain and blocking the man's view of you. "What is a guy like that doing here?" Dew mumbled as you stood behind him and Rain. The man was met by Copia who wore a disgusted look but soon a person was shoved forward. The person had the same build as Rain which made the water ghoul whimper and begin to turn pale. Suddenly Copia pushed a ghoul forward, it was Aether.

You and Rain froze as Dew went began storming up to the scene, "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TWO DOING?! COPIA YOU'RE NOT SWAPPING AETHER FOR WHOEVER THIS STUPID SINNER!" Dew yelled but Aether put his hand on Dew's shoulder and smiled. "Dew, It's ok. Take care of this new ghoul he's another quintessence just like me. Only I plan on changing my life's path by seeing what all this Jesus stuff is about." You and Rain ran over to hear the news. You look towards the new "ghoul" to see a hooded figure who appeared human but once you look into his eyes you saw the design of the galaxy.

The new ghoul had a muzzle on and his hands were put in cuffs but soon Dew growling at the bearded man caught your attention. The man held his hand out and introduced himself as Father Jim but Dew and Rain refused to shake the man's hand. Jim looked at you and gasped then turned and glared at Copia, "Your filthy ghouls have corrupted yet again another innocent creature of God!" Dew and Rain only laugh and walk over to you, "There's nothing here that's innocent, there never was.~" Dew purred as Rain nuzzled your neck. Jim scoffed and grabbed Aether by the arm, "Aren't you happy you're leaving this kind of life behind?" Aether wipes the tears from his eyes before responding. "I-I'm still gonna miss the people here." The other figures behind the two left and Jim escorted Aether to his van with the others.

Copia sadly looked down at the new ghoul who tried desperately to get out of his restraints. Rain looks at the ghoul and moves to hide behind Dew. "Copia, what did you just agree to?" Dew growled out as anger and sadness laced his voice before a tear slid down his cheek. "Aether was slipping from us, he volunteered to go when I told him about Jim wanting to get rid of this poor soul. We made a trade." Copia explained as his face paint began to smear due to the tears running from his eyes.

Rain began weeping into Dew's shoulder as Dew held him and tried to keep his emotions bottled up but his efforts failed and he started crying harder. Copia went back into the ministry as you moved to help the new ghoul sit on the steps leading to the door. You took the restraints off his ankles before moving to undo the ones on his wrists. Lastly you took the muzzle off him and he rubbed his jaw that had gained a outline of where the metal had been shoving into his skin. "T-Thank you...I'm so-sorry about your friend." He whispered with a hushed tone. His voice made it clear he had been screaming and yelling for someone to help him.

Your hand began glowing as you reached out and gently touched his neck. He whimpered as Dew and Rain walked over, meeting the hurt and tear filled gazes of the two ghouls. Seconds later you pulled your hand back and Dew let out a warning growl to the poor freshly traded ghoul. "Leave my mates alone or I'll shred you and send you back to those fuckers." Dew told him coldly as Rain moved to cling to you. The quintessence ghoul nodded and turned back to you to give you another thanks for helping him. "What's your name?" Rain asked as he wiped the tears off his face. The ghoul looked up at Rain's deep blue eyes then took a deep breath, "I'm Phantom."