Chapter 33: Like A Villain

You, Dew, and Rain all land on the couch together, both of them clinging to you. Rain begins crying as he stuffs his face in the crook of your neck. Dew's clawed fingers start to poke holes in your shirt as he whines and tears fill his eyes.

The ghoulettes sit on the floor in front of the coffee table on the fuzzy rug. Mountain sits crisscross next to the recliner where Swiss sat, Aether set next to Mountain. The two ghouls soon begin to calm down after a little while as Cumulus turns the tv on to distract everyone from what had happened not too long ago. Dew's grip loosens slightly and he begins purring, his tail wrapped around your leg.

After a couple of hours Rain falls asleep at your side. Looking at the clock you see the time, 5:15 pm. You notice that Dew is starting to drift off on your other side. Gently and as quietly as possible you whispered to Dew that you were going to start making dinner for everyone to which he nods contently and takes Rain's sleeping form in his arms. "Does anyone have anything that they can't eat?" You ask to the ghouls who sat peacefully around the room.

Swiss looks over to you, "Mountain's got a thing against spicy foods and Aether doesn't like the texture of every kind of beans." You nod and walk to the kitchen. Cumulus soon joins you with a smile on her face, "Y/N, I brought my cook book with me we can look through if you want to." She says as she sets the book on the counter.

After a while of looking through the book with her the two of you decide on a recipe, while making the food Swiss and Dew kept trying to steal what you and Cumulus had just made. Aether and Rain had to stand guard in the doorway so the two mischievous ghouls wouldn't take all the food.

*time skip*

The food had just got done and the split second Aether and Rain moved Swiss and Dew plowed into the kitchen.

* here's the food you and cumulus made :) *

All the ghouls mouths watered at the sight and the scent of the food. "See what we have to look forward to for the rest of forever Rainy~ This all the time." Dew said as Rain purred, his tail wagging happily behind him.

"R-Really?!" The water ghoul asked in astonishment and hopefulness. You smile back at him and nod which makes him tear up and hug you, his wagging tail now snaked around you as he purred louder than ever. "Are you guys done yet? We wanna eat." Swiss pleaded which made you laugh.

As the ghouls dug into their food there was a knock on the door. When you answered it you saw the three ghoul kits crying and babbling in Latin. "What's wrong little ones? Why are you crying?" You ask while crouching down to their levels then they brought you into a hug. "D-Dad is go-gone!" Noor sobs out before collapsing to the ground in tears. "What do you mean Noor? Hadria, Avis, what does your brother mean?" The three ghouls all begin sobbing even louder. Soon the ghoulettes come over and pick the kits up.

"S-Spe-Special hurt Dad, Daddy, and Papa Ifri!" Avis said which made Dew, Swiss, and Aether stand from the table and walk over to the kits being held by the ghoulettes. "How bad?" Aether asked Noor who wiped his eyes. "Daddy was-wasn't moving! A-And Dad and P-Papa Ifri w-were crying a-a lot!" The little kit said while trying not to sob again.

Aether looked to Dew who was clutching the door way, his claws digging into the painted wood as his eyes flicked back and forth between pure black and burning orange the other being icy blue. "First one of my mates and now my brother!" Dew yelled as his body temperature kept rising the room kept heating up. "Dew! Stop you're scaring the kits and Y/N!" Aether yelled which snapped Dew out of his angered trance. He took his hand off the door frame to see a hand print burned into it then he looks at your face. He tears up before shifting into his human form and running outside. "DEW WAIT!" You yell as you chase after him, the ghouls in their human forms followed close behind you. You grab hold of the fire/water hybrids wrist and pulls him against your body.

"Y/N STOP IT! I'LL BURN YOU! I CAN'T STOP MY POWERS! Y/N LET GO!" Dew yells as you only hold him tighter. "I'll be fine Dew, now just take a deep breath." You put your hands on his face gently and use your magic to soothe him. His amber and lighter blue-grey eyes lock onto your gaze. "Let's go pay your dad a visit and rescue the others." You say which Dew nods, soon you and the group walk to the ministry and see Papa Copia sitting on the front steps and clutching his side. "I-I got hi-him. But he g-got me too." The newly appointed Papa says as blood leaks from his mouth and onto the concrete beside him. You rush over and begin healing him as Dew and the others go inside the building.

A while had went by and Copia was almost done healing but the ghouls hadn't returned yet which worried the both of you. "Mo-Mother  fucker cut m-me dee-deep." Copia says but suddenly the sound of the ministry doors flying open sounded from the top of the stairs. You and Copia turned and looked to see all the ghouls with Omega, Ifrit, and Alpha who was being carried by Omega. "We have to go, Sister is pissed and I don't feel like dealing with that crap!" Swiss yells as you help Copia to his feet.

*time skip*

Back at your house Alpha was laid on the couch limp, motionless, and taking shallow breaths. The three kits sat on the ground beside the couch and each held onto one of their dads fingers. "Will daddy be ok Uncle Dew?" Hadria asked sadly as she turned around and looked up at her uncle. "Y-Yeah he's just...re-really tired, you know your d-dad. He is-isn't a morning person." Dew said as he tried not to break into sobs in front of the children.

Omega and Ifrit moved Alpha slightly so the two of them could hold their husband. Omega sat with Alpha's head in his lap while Ifrit had Alpha's legs draped over his thighs. "Y-Yeah kids...daddy's gonna be just fine. He just got a bit of a boo-boo and is sleeping it off." Omega said as he ran his hand through Alpha's hair.