48

posted an hour ago please read both 47 and 48

_________________________________________

Friday. July 10, 1987

1:12 am

The plan was she'll go alone. Beverly would wander out into the woods, alone, as they all were when he finds them. Pennywise. Beverly whispered reassurances to herself as the leaves crunched beneath her feet. She'd only taken twenty feet out of the cabin on her own and she was already scared. She felt the eyes of her friends watching from the window in cabin B4. The plan was she'd venture out first, luring the clown in. She began the walk to the quarry, that felt ages longer in the pitch-black darkness. Her flashlight only did so much justice, and she was scared of awakening more campers. 

She thought of Elle to keep her strong. The girl's sweet voice and soft brown eyes. Beverly was calm just thinking of Elle. The thought of Elle made Bev feel like a shield was guarding her, like nothing could hurt her when Elle was on her mind. 

"Think of Elle," Beverly murmured to herself.  A sinister chuckle jolted her out of her thoughts. It was near. She prayed in that moment that enough time had passed, hoped her friends were on their way. 

"Elle can't help you here," the harsh voice sounded happy, Bev knew better than to fall for it.

"I don't need help. I'm not scared of you," Bev scoffed. It was a damn lie. Though, Bev was good at lying. She'd spent years lying to her misogynistic dad about who she really was. This monster was no worse than her father. 

"Oh, but you are," Pennywise sniffed, laughing hysterically for two seconds then falling into a silence. "You're always scared, Beverly." 

Beverly's heart was racing and she willed it to slow down, anything to get the clown to believe her stance. She needed to hold him off at least until her friends could arrive. She thought of Elle's hands over her ears and pretended she couldn't hear It. Pennywise continued to taunt her, never quite getting close enough for her to see in the dim light. Then it hit her.

,"You're not going to do anything." She remarked, crossing her arms. "If you were, I'd be dead already. I told you I'm not scared."

Beverly shrieked. Pennywise had approached her in an instant, clasping a firm grip around her throat. Her feet began to float off the ground as the clown raised her into the air with a vicious grin. Beverly began gasping and struggling for air, her kicking getting weaker and weaker. Then the lights. The lights floating up and swirling all around her face. Until she saw nothing.  

"Beverly!" Elle shouted, the losers finally approaching. Beverly was locked in a trance and the lights began to take her. Pennywise was drooling and ready for more, he turned towards the losers as Bev's body hovered behind him.

"Snacky time who's first," Pennywise didn't let anyone react before he took the closest hand he could reach and prepared to bite. Eddie squirmed and screamed, his friends tugging on his right arm while the demented clown drooled on and gripped the left.  

"You mother fucking clown," amongst all the screaming and yelling to let the poor boy go, Richie demanded to be heard. "Get your stupid dirty makeup wearing asshole hands off my freaking boyfriend." 

Eddie pulled a can of Farrah Fawcett hairspray out of his bag and a lighter from Beverly's collection.

"Only I can touch him, now let him go before I char your ass." Richie spat, his fear of clowns nowhere to be seen when Eddie, his Eddie, was seconds from losing an arm. Pennywise let go of Eddie not because Richie asked but because the kids were changing. The clown felt their fear shift. It felt wounded and small by the looks on their faces. The looks that went from please don't to let's kill this asshole. Ben stood closer, oar in hand, Mike followed his lead and rushed towards the circus freak. The two each yelled as laid blow after blow. It didn't seem harmed or even phased but the trembling told the kids otherwise. It wasn't the weapons that hurt him. It was their lack of fear. Pennywise felt himself withering with every move they made towards him.  Richie yelled for them to move, pulling Eddie to stand behind him as he made his move. Richie shook the can, kissing it before switching the flame on the lighter. Everything was illuminated by the large flame that burst from the red can of hairspray. The losers gasped and watched as Pennywise began to burn, with choking noises and gurgling for what seemed like dramatic effect. Bev was still hovering behind as the clown struggled in pain from a mix of fire and lack of fear. Elle ran over, taking advantage of her window and trying to save Beverly while the clown became BBQ. Elle tugged at her arm, crying for Beverly to wake up. "She won't wake up," Elle cried. The more she worried, the dimmer the fire got. Her fear for Beverly was fueling the beast once again. 

"Stop Elle, you freaking out is somehow making this asshole stronger, figure something out." Richie growled as he sprayed the clown with another blaze. Ben and Mike began wacking It with the oars while trying to keep distance from the walking, talking, dancing, fire clown. Bill stepped up, reaching for an oar of his own. He rolled up his sleeve and gave a hard smack to the tree by his side instead of the clown. Others watched, confused as he split the oar in half. He tossed it in his hands, positioning the oar so that the new chipped off edge was facing outwards. He knew what had to be done. For his brother. For Georgie.

"You're going to d-die now," Bill said. Ben and Mike rammed their oars into the monster's knees, throwing him to the ground. At this point Pennywise was practically begging for his life. Begging for their fear.  Bill raised his arms, sharpened oar above his head before plunging it down with all his force and might. There were gasps, there were screams and a loud howling. Richie felt for good measure he should finish it off. Raising his torch one last time, he lit the hairspray and burned that son of a bitch. It burned and screamed and cried as they all spit on it's grave, laughed in its face, cheered at his pain. It screamed and cried until it shriveled up and became so small it had no voice. But Beverly was still gone. 

"Bev!" Ben shook her frantically as he tried to awaken her. The gang stood around her worried looks on all pf their faces. Ben looked on the brink of tears. "Bev wake up, we got him. Please."

At that moment, Ben pulled Beverly in for a kiss. The group gasped, waiting anxiously to see if it would awaken the girl. To no avail. 

"What the fuck, Ben?" Richie scoffed; he was one to throw a fit about consent.

"I thought" Ben was speechless. Elle pushed him aside and pulled Beverly close to her chest. Elle cried and held the girl close to her until her arms grew weak. Beverly's blank expression proving that Elle could do nothing to help. Elle squeezed Beveryly's hand and brought it up to her lips.

"You're safe now Bevy. He's gone," Elle let tears roll down her face, kissing Bev's hand relentlessly. Beverly gasped suddenly like something out of a storybook, was awakened by a kiss.

"Holy shit," Stanley said, looking at Bill who was once again crying on the ground for his lost brother. "Bill, you killed him. For Georgie."

"Hey-" Richie whined, clearly having done the final blow to the wicked clown. "I killed it."

"We killed it," Elle smiled, Beverly was smiling too now. For a second, they all felt safe. They all felt at home. Then, they were all hugging. You couldn't say who started it or who hugged who first but somehow Stanley was holding Mike who was holding Bev who was holding Stanley who was holding Bill who was clutching Elle who was hanging onto will who Ben who was hugging Eddie who squeezed Richie. They were safe. Together.

note: so originally, they were going to visit the abandoned house from the it movie and eddie would break his arm and get sent home only to run back and save the day but i didn't know how to write that so instead there's this. I cut like 5 chapters out. thats okay. this was i guess the big battle of the story im sorry it isnt great but lets face it youre here for the gayness anyway

there will be one or two more chapters just to tie up any lose ends in the story and get all of our ships to sail. I originally planned on a sequel taking place on a friend camping trip 3 years later where i bring stranger things characters like dustin max and lucas, lmk if thats interesting tho this story took me 4 years so u probably dont want me making more

-kat

published: 09/07/2022