20

Wednesday. June 10, 1987.

E.

While everyone ran around, hiding, laughing, and getting along, I couldn't take my mind off of the news Bill shared with me. Him and Stan. It's not like I was homophobic. I wasn't. I just never expected Bill to like someone that way, especially not a boy. If anything, I thought he had a crush on Bev. Boy was I wrong.

Eventually, the group got tired around the same time that the campfire was being lit up for the night. Bev ran over to me, grabbing my hand and looking down at my nails that she'd painted.

"Don't think I've forgotten our talk," She gave me a wicked smile. "I've got a plan."

I winced, not liking her tone. She pulled me to sit next to her while watching Richie sit next to Elle on the bench to our right. Ben and Mike were on the next and Stan and Bill were on our left.

"I have a game." Bev said with a smug smile.

"Not another one," Stan sighed. Bev shook her head.

"It'll be fun, promise." Bev reassured.

"Promise?" Elle rose an eyebrow.

"It's something you can't break. Ever." Bev smiled at her.

I felt awkward for a second like they needed to be alone. Richie's face mirrored mine and I wanted to laugh.

"So, the game?" Mike spoke up, putting his hands together. Bev nodded.

"Truth or dare." I looked at her with wide eyes. No.

"Hell yes," Richie looked at Elle excitedly. Stan cleared his throat, uncomfortably and Bill gulped visibly.

"Who's first?" Stan fidgeted in his seat.

"You," Richie shrugged. "Truth or dare?"

"Why did I bother asking?" Stan mumbled and Bill patted his back.  "Truth."

"Weak," Richie scoffed. "Fine, how often do you tickle your pickle now that you're forced to share a room."

Stan choked. I heard a few laughs but rolled my eyes at Richie. Everyone looked at him expectantly. I did wonder now that we were on the topic, what was going on down there.

"Wait, I have a question. You go to a church full of jews, right. And when you turn thirteen you do that party thing and you take like a jew test or something, you know. After that, though. I heard they slice pieces of your dick off." I rambled, everyone staring at me with amused expressions.

"Nonsense, Eddie spaghetti, then Stan'll have nothing left." Richie laughed.

"Wh-what happens at a Bar Mitzvah anyway. Is it true they slice pieces of y-your d-d-dick off?" Bill looked worried which I thought was funny.

"Enough, at the bar mitzvah, I read from the Torah, make a speech and suddenly I become a man." Stan explained. There were still some laughs, though.

"Whatever, Stan the man," Richie shook his head. "That doesn't answer my first question."

"I don't," Stan snapped. "Shut up."

I laughed now, the rest of the group did too. Bill blushed.

"No wonder you're so uptight." Richie flashed a look of fake disappointment. "Loosen him up, Bill."

I burst out into a fit of laughter because Richie had no idea what he was saying. I tried not to think too much about it and attempted to calm myself down since nobody else knew about Stan and Bill's little fling behind closed doors.