10

June 4, 1987

The heat of the sun crept all over Eddie's skin as he hugged Richie in front of all of his peers. He pulled away after a minute, smiling faintly at the boy in front of him. Then turned to Bill who was staring at Stanley. He instantly felt confused. He wanted to stare at Stanley too, and couldn't understand why.

"That was sweet." Elle gushed, staring straight at Richie. Eddie did a double take, watching Richie staring at her with a giant smile on his face. He felt awkwardly intrusive so he walked to stand next to Bill instead.

"Now are we going to jump or what?" Richie asked feeling brave.

"Hell yeah!" Mike said, cheering, but staying a safe distance from the edge of the cliff.

The boys looked at each other, as if waiting for someone to go first. Beverly shook her head, humorously.

"I'll go! Sissies." She rolled her eyes, pushing them aside and jumping off.

"What the fuck!" Richie yelled after her. He gaped at the rest of the boys. "We just got showed up by a girl."

They all looked at each other expectantly. Stan shrugged and jumped in, causing Bill to go after him. Ben followed and Mike too. Elle laughed and waved at Richie before jumping as well, leaving Richie and Eddie alone at the top. They heard shouting coming from the kids in the water but both looked at each other as if thinking the same thing.

"You're scared aren't you?" Eddie asked. Richie shook his head immediately.

"You are, though." He said watching Eddie roll his eyes.

"They're waiting." Eddie pointed out, turning towards the water as if ready to jump.

"Wait!" Richie shakily positioned his glasses. "Maybe we should jump together."

Eddie thought for a second, wanting to laugh at how secretly terrified Richie was.

"Fine." He agreed, nodding for Richie to stand next to him. He jokingly put his hand out.

"You touch me and I'll punch you." Richie said, refusing to look at Eddie. The shorter boy only laughed at started counting down from three.

"-three," He said, the two boys jumped, somehow grabbing hold of each other's hands on the way down.

➳ ➳ ➳

As the day passed, the kids found themselves getting closer. Bill and Stan were splashing water at each other playfully while Ben carried Beverly on his shoulders, as she wrestled with Richie who was on Mike's shoulders. Elle excitedly watched, playing referee.

"I'm going to the cabin, I need to take my medicine now." Eddie said, looking at his watch.

They nodded saying their okay's and their see you later's. Eddie swam back to land, wishing he'd brought a towel with him.

He walked across camp back to the cabins, where nobody was to be seen. Most kids were gathered by the quarry or in the center of camp with the counselors, playing games. The emptiness of the living areas made Eddie anxious.

He was nearing cabin B4 when he heard groaning coming from a bush nearby. He panicked, speed walking towards the door. Suddenly, he felt a hand on his shoulder and turned around. 

"Let me take care of you, girly boy." A six foot tall leper dressed in rags stood in front of him. Eddie screamed, stumbling away from the man. 

"I can kiss it, make you better," The man's face was sagging, riddled with disease and his nose almost nonexistent. He reached down, clutching Eddie's shorts. The boy continued screaming, yelling for the disgusting being to release him.  Suddenly, the leper disappeared. 

"You're friends don't do this? I bet you have a lot of friends." A few feet away stood a tall clown with an almost childlike smile. He carried dozens of balloons and stared at Eddie with dark eyes. 

Eddie cried out, rising to his feet and running back to the quarry, not looking back once. 

  ➳ ➳ ➳

so I finally introduced pennywise yikes. . sorry it wasn't scary ahhh I suck but w/e ..

also, before you attack me about the weird shit the leper was saying, in the original novel, the leper chases Eddie and offers him a blowjob and the theory is that Eddie is afraid of gay desires and the diseases around him blah blah and I like that idea so I added it into my story.  

-kat

9/23/17 @ 1:00 pm