finale

Friday. July 10, 1987

"He's really gone," Bill sighed, resting his head on Stanley's shoulder. The group had made it back to cabin B4 in one piece. They were exhausted, and for once they didn't want to rush back into their own cabins. This time they wanted to all stay together, like family. They'd killed an alien clown, therefore felt bonded for life. They found comfort in resting on the ground of the cabin together, feeling safe. There was only one person who wanted to be alone, and he wanted Richie to be alone with him. Maybe Eddie was a pathetic piece of shit, but all he wanted was for him and Richie to kiss.

"Can we go somewhere?" Eddie blurted out, staring questioningly at Richie. Richie nodded, rising to his feet and walking towards the door. Eddie loved him for that, he was always just silently taking action. He was so brave, his Richie. 

"Where are you two going?" Ben asked as everyone stared at the pair. 

"Richie and I need to talk," Eddie said, mulling it over for a moment. Fuck it. "Richie and I need to talk because, I just told him I have real feelings for him. We've been lying all along and we were never actually dating. We lied at first to get Elle and Bev to pay attention to us, sorry guys, but I realized I wasn't pretending anymore. I don't want to pretend anymore. I just guess I thought you all should finally know," Eddie waited in silence, watching all his friends react to the bomb he'd dropped.

"You didn't seem like you were pretending," Ben said. 

"Yeah, you're clearly both in love with each other," Mike said.  They all nodded and began laughing like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Fuck off," Eddie scoffed, grabbing Richie's hand and walking out the cabin and into the night air. Richie smiled at him as the stepped out the door. Eddie began walking toward the quarry, expecting Richie to follow along. Richie quickly wrapped and arm around Eddie's waist from behind. Eddie gasped, feeling Richie's beath on the back of his neck. 

"Richie," Eddie breathed out, barely audible. Richie smiled against his neck and gave him a soft peck. Eddie felt his hairs rise and goosebumps all over from the tiny gesture. He was truly enamored in that moment. 

"I want us to date," Richie said, turning Eddie around to his him, then tucking his hands behind the boys back, holding him close while he spoke. "For real this time. Seeing that fucking clown try to hurt you made me crazy. I never want to lose you, Eds. This camping trip has been fucking insane, but it brought us closer and I'm so grateful for that. For you. I love you."

Eddie was grinning from ear to ear now at Richie's words. "I love you, too, Richie Tozier." He said, reaching up to kiss Richie, his real boyfriend

"I'm so gay," Eddie blurted out, pressing his lips to Richie's. 

"Me too," Richie smiled. The two shared kisses until sunrise.

the end.

published: september 8, 2022