23

Monday. June 15, 1987.

It had been four days since Betty Ripsom had last been seen. The energy of camp had gone down the drain much too early on for the camp counselor's to feel at ease. Steve had walked door to door that morning to announce that the lockdown had been lifted. To make it up to the campers, though, they had plans in store for the next few days. That and enforcing a strict buddy system to ensure nobody else disappeared. Betty Ripsom's mother was called of course, causing a few of the younger camper's families to take them home in fear of losing their young ones.

They were determined to provide some fun to the remaining kids, though. So it was settled. Movie night in the cafeteria. Jonathan was setting up the VHS player with the help of his tech-savvy younger brother who laughed at him any time he misplaced a wire. Nancy watched the scene from across the room as she cleaned tables and arranged chairs. She smiled, noticing Jonathan purposefully mess up just to see his brother have a good time.

"What are you looking at?" Steve whispered from behind her, causing her to jump. She turned to him and smiled, shaking it off.

"Nothing," Nancy shrugged. "Just cleaning up for tonight."

Steve glanced behind her, at Jonathan who looked over, soon looking away. Steven returned his gaze to Nancy who pursed her lips. "Byers can handle this. Why don't you meet me in my cabin in ten?"

Nancy blew air into her cheeks, nodding along awkwardly. Steve didn't notice, smiling then walking out the door. Nancy sighed, turning back to the tables then glancing up to catch Jonathan watching with a sort of sympathetic look on his face. He waved her over, shyly. She slowly walked over, arms crossed.

"Do you have any idea how to work these?" Jonathan chuckled. "Will went to the bathroom and I'm kind of tangled up." Nancy broke out into a smile finally, shaking her head. She reached for an end and began unraveling the wires from his hands.

"Do you want to look through the it with me later?" Jonathan nodded in the direction of a box on the floor. "I haven't picked a movie for later, yet."

Nancy opened her mouth, unsure of what to say. She shook her head, shrugging her shoulders.

"I-I can't. St-Steve, he," Nancy pointed behind her. "He wants to hang out."

Jonathan nodded, sighing. "Sorry," Nancy spoke.

"I should," She backed away from him. "I should get going."

"You're better than that," Jonathan said, honestly. "Y-you don't need to do it. You don't need to pretend to be someone you're not."

Nancy scoffed, looking at Jonathan like he had no right.

"Screw you," She said, walking away. Maybe, just maybe, she wiped a tear away as she walked out the door.

I usually altername POVS in order of Eddie, Richie, then third person but I was really clueless as to what to write so I wrote third person bc it's a lot easier for me. Hope that's ok :)

also i skipped a few days just to give a bit of space for imagination. I wanted to drag out the missing betty thing without having to give details and whatnot but fyi nobody has left their cabins, food was brought to them so the losers havent seen each other in days

anyway this is short bc i just wanted something, anything to post for u since I knew I'd be busy today. hope you liked some jancy / stancy drama idk

-kat 10/4/17     @ 7:07 pm