9.

" A part of my heart was broken
And I don't know how
But it was with you now. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 months passed to the day Anika saw Avinash last time.

Anika joined a teaching training centre learning better techniques to teach. Then she’ll apply for teaching. Almost many in their class got jobs. Anika could see their stories in social apps. Many of them started earning and buying things for them. All also shared their workplace and new relations.

Anika couldn’t help but think what would have happened if she took her job and is doing now.

Will Avinash have proposed by now Or will she take initiative?

Will they both have fought by now Or still staying happily like before as in being friends?

Many questions swirled in Anika’s mind whenever she sees other’s stories and imagines herself in their positions with Avinash being her side and a completely different story.

She sometimes wondered whether she made the wrong decision by giving up such a good job, but then her love for teaching and her goal as a teacher would make her feel worth.

Many had questioned her and some said she had lost her brain to reject such a good offer letter but they never knew her side story or feelings. Fortunately her brother and her parents never left her side.

Even Chandana, her cousin, one of the closest people to her also gave her emotional support.

Anika didn’t even start a relationship and had a heartbreak. A heartbreak, she made it happen. Otherwise they might be happily together now. But she doesn't want to regret this decision. She can’t become the reason for his spoiled plans, if in future.

Anyhow she believed in her love.

All this time Chandana was there for her. In fact, Chandana is also training to become a teacher. But Chandana's teaching goal is different. She wants to become a secondary school teacher and Anika, she has different goals in training. After all, she couldn’t waste her 4 years studying, right?

It was Chandana, when she revealed her goal, Anika also liked it. She instantly wanted to become a teacher. But then she studied hard for her graduation. Her heart used to flutter between these two things continuously.

“Hey, why are you seeing his picture again, It’s evident that he has moved on. You too should move on Anika” Chandana said when she saw Anika looking at Avinash's photo from a Screenshot in another friend's story. Avinash is not the type to be active in social media. So Anika used to follow other people of the same job and country to know about his updates.

“Yes I too should move on” Anika said, closing her phone.

“You are saying it for 100th time. When exactly are you planning to give up?” Chandana asked with care and concern towards Anika.

“Maybe I can’t yaar” Anika said in a low voice turning her head to the other side as her eyes started watering.

“Do you remember how heartlessly you acted till the day he went?” Chandana asked, pretending she didn’t see Anika’s tears.

Anika doesn't like to cry in front of others. She wants others to see her as a happy smiling girl.

“Yes, But I had to do that” Anika’s crying got louder and Chandana hugged Anika.

*Flashback*

It was the day Avinash was leaving.

After that day, he again tried to contact her. But she didn’t let them talk. Afraid she’d keep him to herself. But they saw each other from their windows. Silence was in the air and surroundings, But their hearts shouted, And their eyes spoke.

He is trying to ask her, persuade her. Yet, she simply won’t give in to him. Didn’t she like him as much as he liked her? Does she not want to be with him? Is it only one side effort? All these thoughts clouded in his mind.

He had sent messages, to at least meet him before he left.

She wanted to go. But she didn’t want to cry in front of him. She didn’t want to make him weak. Mainly she didn’t want to stop him. She was already tempted too many times to give into his choice. To live with him while pursuing her preferred career. But where is he and his life, if he gave up and lived with her.

So she simply didn’t see him. She went, she could see him searching for her in the crowd. But she didn’t appear in front of him. It was boarding time and he left, not before checking once again.

Before the flight started moving, a message pinged into her phone.

‘Goodbye, My love’

*End of Flashback*

T

hat was the last message exchanged between them.

How are you all dear?

I know, you may not be happy with their partitions, But trust me and don't give up on continuing to read this story.

Because everyone has to face and succeed milestones in their life.

Trust me,

See you in next chapter
-Ahseenam