15.

" I want you more than I want anything "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was just like any other day, except for some changes that happened in their lives.

Anika woke up early in the morning and started doing daily chores, now she has added another activity to her daily schedule, jogging. Yes, after seeing Avinash, she was determined to become slim, at least like she was in her college days.

She washed her face and looked into her neighbour’s house, trying to hear if there were any sounds. She looked at the whole house, mainly his room, Sadly there were no lights, which means they haven’t woken up.

Avinash has shifted to his house after returning from London. They both would see each other every day but Avinash is still cold to Anika. He’d never give any chance to talk or even if she talked he’d not respond to her. But Anika thought to break his insecurities and try to be with him like before, to win his trust and love again.

Anika has done one round of jogging in a nearby park and sat on a bench for rest. She was checking time and always watching towards the gate, just like waiting for someone. On cue, someone came into the park, It was Avinash.

Avinash saw Anika and he went in the opposite direction to jog, Anika also went in his direction, following him like all before and trying to find an opportunity to talk to him. Soon after 30 minutes, she went home. But Avinash, being free now, goes his home after sunrise every day.

At first, he wondered when did she learn such good habits as jogging, he means, he is used to having some exercise in London and is doing jogging. But then he thought maybe she is jogging to be with him, to help him persuade, Maybe she also likes him. But he can’t let his guard down. After all, she had rejected him once and broke him.

Anika’s day went as usual. Nothing special.

Whereas Avinash received a call from his senior in London, that his invention in the company of a medical device won the European Inventor Award, and they asked him if he’d be the head of their branch in India. Avinash is very happy with receiving an award for his invention and their offer but he has requested 3 months before joining, initially, they were not ok with it, but when Avinash said his reasons and they too don’t want to let him go to another company, so they accepted his request.

Their offer is a surprise to Avinash because it is not in his plan and moreover that award, it took him by surprise, he of course had done hard work and even studied a bit of medicine for that invention. His initial plan was to work there for 3 years and planned to come home town. Then he’d join some company in his city, of course, there are many MNCs in his city and he’d easily get a job with his qualifications.

Avinash has achieved a lot in these 3 years. He had 4 promotions in 3 years. And his salary had tripled to his joining salary. He had invented many new machines with efficient performance that helped the company and they don’t want to lose him even after receiving that prestigious award, he is such a gem. So they promoted him to a higher position.

Avinash’s main motto is to reduce human work but at the same time not their intelligence as well as to reduce the use of electrical consumption, he also cares about health a lot, so when he received that project he put a lot of effort into building it. Part of the reason for this happening is Anika because he wants to forget her, so he opted for this option. And now he was successful.

Anika’s co-worker has something important to do at home, so he had asked for leave for the night session. Anika covered it and went home at 8:50 pm.

Avinash upon listening to the car sound, saw from a window and checked the time “How can this woman come this late home alone? It is not safe at all.” He scolded her within himself.

The next morning the news reached the whole of India, that Avinash’s invention received the prestigious The European Inventor Award and he’ll be the new head to Swing CareFree in India.

Avinash isn’t the one who leaked, even the contract isn’t prepared, but don’t know from where the news got out. The company also doesn’t know but they thought it was good since it was already fixed and he couldn’t escape now as he had already terminated his previous job’s contract.

Avinash’s parents got the news from a nurse and scolded him for not sharing it with them
“Mom, it’s only yesterday I had received news and they promoted me, we hadn’t even negotiated the contract too,” Avinash said, convincing his mother.

“No matter what, you should have to say Avinash since it’s a big matter, you won an award” Satish Adani, his father said, taking the phone from his mother.

“Yeah I thought too, but since you were all busy, I couldn’t say to you and moreover I’m still in confusion of how I can handle the whole branch.”

“Now, you can’t back out since the news has already spreaded the whole India, congratulations. But next share with us when something big happens”

“Okay dad, thanks”

“Congratulations Avinash, you made us proud,” Sarika said with teary eyes.

 But next share with us when something big happens” “Okay dad, thanks” “Congratulations Avinash, you made us proud,” Sarika said with teary eyes

Another surprise,

It's actually triple update today.

Note: That award was true, It exists in real world but that company is not real, it's from my fiction.

So from here, this story gets truly interesting, with Anika and Avinash besides each other.

Thanks for supporting my work so far.

Hope you are all doing fine,

See you soon,
-Ahseenam.