28.

" Something in that second told me to wait
And when I turned
I saw you waiting for me. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Good then, so do you really want to work here?”

“Of course, I want to. how many times you’ll ask? Or will you ask every employee?” Avinash asked her, more like questioning her.

“Of course, I won’t. It’s just you are special and I want to see your comforts.”

“Oh okay,” Avinash replied very normally but inside his head did a mental dance.

Anika felt a little sad about Avinash’s reply, but she already guessed his answer would be more or less the same. Anika was regretting in the past about declining his confession and now decided that she’d take initiative with Avinash and not waste even a single second of time they have together.

“Ten minutes, I’ll have to talk with someone and then we can go for lunch.”

Avinash frowned who is more important to her than him. He saw Anika meet some man, precisely her staff and also saw Anika give some money cheque to him.

Anika and Avinash now sat in a restaurant where Anika made pre-booking. They both gave their orders and were waiting for food, just then Avinash asked, “Who is he?” referring to the person Anika talked to before.

“He is Niranjan sir, his wife is not well and he wants leave to take care of her which is why I’m in dire need of staff. Thank god, you came to me. It’s him whom you’ve to replace” Anika replied calmly.

“Is his wife’s condition serious? Is that why you gave him a cheque?” Avinash asked.

“I think she is good but needs to confirm with a check-up. About cheque, I don’t want to be a petty boss and moreover I gave it to him as a token of his service so it’ll be useful in case of an emergency.”

“Wow, Great. I’ve never expected this from you.” Avinash said being surprised and proud of her.

“What did you not expect? Do you think I am that cruel?” Anika asked, feeling a little offended.

“No, it’s just I have never thought you’d become such a good boss. And coming to cruelty, yes you are cruel, more than I can express.” Avinash remembered Anika’s behaviour before he left.

“Avinash, it’s not what you think. It’s good for both of us that..” before Anika could continue their order came and Avinash didn’t give her a chance to continue. So Anika could only eat in silence.

They both returned to the institute and Anika told Avinash “You are done for the day here, you can go now, If I’ve to work the whole day in the college, only then you need to leave in the evening.”

Avinash nodded and just shrugged off.

Anika went to teach. After completing that session she saw that Avinash hadn't left. When she wanted to ask him, something came and she couldn’t ask him.

It was closing time. Anika and Avinash were the only one left. Usually Chandana would accompany Anika and both together leave, but today upon seeing Avinash Chandana left early with another co-worker.

“I said, you don’t have to stay here” Anika said

“What if I want to? And moreover I don’t have a vehicle with me” Avinash said.

Anika knew Avinash was lying. He could use his father’s car or could’ve booked a cab if he wants to go. But she didn’t question him more thinking he’d be cold with her again.

They both reached their homes, and Avinash was about to leave when Anika held his arm stopping him,

“Avinash, it’s not like what you are thinking. That time, what I did was good for both of us. I don’t want to hurt you. I’ve never thought of hurting you. In fact, I lov..”

Avinash cut Anika and said “Shh, It’s already past Anika. Now I know how foolishly I acted then. Don’t worry, it’s not the same any more. I won’t pester you.”

“What are you talking about Avinash? I loved you, I love you, I always do.” Avinash was shocked to hear her confession this fast and Anika continued, “Avinash you see, I know how much you had dreamt of joining that type of company and working in foreign. How can I stop you from achieving your dream when I know how much you’ve strived hard. And coming to my rejection, I’ve really tried to cope with our plan but in the end, I couldn’t do anything except give up. But you know what, I’ve never given up on our love. I’ve always believed in our love and in our feelings too. I love you Avinash and I want you, I can’t live without you, please don’t turn your back on me.” As Anika finished speaking, she was already in tears and her voice was also trembling.

Some thing in me told me to wait for a day,So your favourite and most awaited chapter will be on line, tomorrow

So your favourite and most awaited chapter will be on line, tomorrow.

Thank you my dear readers.

See you soon,
-Ahseenam