39.

" I win or I lose
But I'll still have your heart with me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anika was about to hide when Avinash already called her.

Anika embarrassedly laughed at him.

Avinash was not able to blink eye when he saw Anika in that saree. She’s looking so beautiful, like a goddess, his goddess.

Anika seeing Avinash in trance was about to run when Avinash came out from his ogling session and caught her hand.

By any chance, are you trying to run away Ms. Anika?” Avinash sarcastically spoke to Anika while dragging her hand to the car.

“No, No. Mr. Avinash. Why would I try to run away?” Anika said once she sat in the car.

“But it seems so, by the way, why did you not meet me this morning?” Avinash asked.

Just then something hit in Anika’s mind.

“Avinash stop.” Anika commanded.

Avinash stopped the car which he just started and moved a four feet distance.

“I came by car this morning, I’ll take it to the institute.” Anika said.

Avinash raised his eyebrow to which Anika smiled open-tooth. Avinash unlocked Anika’s car door and she ran out of the car.

Avinash felt something was wrong seeing his weird behaviour.

Avinash called his mom, Sarika and asked if anything happened with Anika. Sarika being innocent and unaware, she was tensed and asked Avinash if he had done anything wrong. Avinash said nothing and ended the call. He re-checked his behaviour with Anika from confession night. He has not done anything wrong, he came to a conclusion and decided to confront Anika.

Anika drove fast to the institute but before her, Avinash had reached. And also a message came from Chandana saying, ‘Everything was done’.

Anika parked her car and went up but before that Avinash was already in. Anika ran as fast as she could and the scene in front of her was unimaginable.

Party pooper was already blasted and confetti was all over the ground, while Avinash sighed looking at Anika.

Anika mentally scolded herself, the job was assigned to some members that upon entering of Avinash with her they’ve to blast party poopers and they were done with this job and left. Great!!!

“Have you arranged all these? Is this why you’ve been acting weird since this morning?” Avinash asked, astonished.

Anika stood there awkwardly looking and pitying her plan and replied, “Yes, but you see all this failed.”

“Not a problem baby, I’m happy with you in any way you are.” Avinash assured Anika.

“But what about institute in the afternoon?” Avinash questioned.

“I said no classes for this afternoon, Avinash, I’m sorry, But wait, I’ve another surprise” Anika ran to her cabin before Avinash could question her.

Anika came with a small box and Avinash guessed what was about to happen.

Anika slowly came and tried to sit on her one knee. But it impossible with her saree, so she sat on her both knees in front of Avinash instead . Avinash came near her and was making her stand up but she stubbornly sat in the same position.

Anika took out the ring and held it to Avinash asking “Avinash, I know I had made many mistakes with you and had hurt you. But Avinash, I love you very much and can’t live without you and nobody can love you more than me in this lifetime. Avinash, will you give me a chance to hold your hand for this lifetime and share your happiness and pain with you? Avinash, will you marry me?”

Avinash made Anika stand up and hugged her saying, “I love you so much Anika, You don’t have to do all these. Even if you just said a word, I’ll marry you.”

“No Avinash, I owe you all this, at least with this I feel I have contributed a little to our relationship.” Anika said.

“You don’t have to. You just need to love me forever, I’ve already surrendered myself to you.” Avinash said, kissing her forehead.

“Avinash, I love you so much, I’m so lucky to get your love” Anika kissed near Avinash’s heart saying this.

“I’m too, lucky” Avinash said and kissed her lips, sealing their promise of love and togetherness for a lifetime.

After breaking the love filled breath taking kiss and panting hard, Anika glanced at her surroundings and her failed plan, she laughed looking at Avinash.

To which Avinash lovingly kissed her nose and both laughed together.

A failed Surprise planning, I hope none of you are disappointed.

I found it cute in failed surprise rather than a succesful surprise.

Nonetheless it shows the love between the two and their appreciation for other's efforts.

I'm sad this is the last official chapter of this story, I've wrote 2 bonus chapters which will be revealed soon.

My exams are going on, so it'd take some time to publish bonus chapters. But in mean time you can go to my profile and read my other short story,
Secret Crush.

Stay tuned guys, I've also started writing another story which will be even better than this. I'm not comparing but both stories are different and unique.

In few days, I'll start posting that too.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart for giving this story a chance and reaching so far till here.
Miss you guysss.

See you soon,
-Ahseenam (Maneesha)