24.

" I was attracted emotionally
And now I can't leave, even after appearance changes. "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Avinash realized her question and broke their eye contact and answered to her question.

“Event was finished a long time ago and I was just strolling here, It’s been a long time since I was here” Avinash lied, very easily.

Anika nodded her head and gazed at the sides of the room not knowing what to talk. And then Anika checked her watch and found out that one hour had passed and she was late.

“You can continue, I’ll go,” Anika said and was about to get up when Avinash stood in front of her not allowing her to get up.

Anika found it very intimidating. When she saw Avinash not going to speak she cleared her throat and looked at Avinash questioningly.

“Why did you want to leave just when I came here?” Avinash asked finally what seemed like an eternity to Anika.

“Not like that. I didn’t check the time till now” Anika said, trying to explain herself.

“If so, then you’ll sit here for some time,” Avinash said.

Not having another option or want to fight with Avinash, Anika didn’t move from her place and Avinash also sat beside her.

“Nice speech, You’ve done really well,” Anika said facing him.

Avinash didn’t reply to anything and was looking at her. Today she is looking drop dead gorgeous.

“I didn’t expect you to mention me on the stage, in front of all” Anika said.

“What’s there in it? Even our principal is also proud of you” Avinash said.

“Yeah, it’s another thing. But thank you” Anika said, smiling.

Avinash just nodded and again went to silent mode. Mixed emotions were playing in his heart. The situation is not at all helping. If he was blessed with a boon now, then he would ask god to let him kiss her senselessly. He loved her and still does. He wanted to follow what his heart wanted but something stopped him.

Anika was looking down, unaware of his intentions. Again Anika broke their silence and this time it changed to different topic and Avinash must thank god.

“So, how have you been doing these 3 years in London”

“It’s good, first I have a problem communicating with them but within 6 months everything was set,” Avinash said.

“Yeah, I know you can do it,” Anika said, smiling proudly at him.

“Even you too, I’ve never expected that you’d teach in our college or you’d set up an institute,” Avinash said.

“I too never expected, but you see it all happened, first I thought to set up a training institute and when I’m in that process our college lecturer called for few days and then I became a teacher as it’ll help me gain some experience” 

Avinash was listening to her side story intently, which he missed in her life. And Anika continued

“After teaching for a few days, they made my job permanent and honestly it helped me to get more students to my institute. I also collaborated with a few companies helping them get jobs through my institute with a few of our friends’ help.” Anika said.

“Great,” Avinash said after a one-minute break he resumed, “Have you ever felt tired while doing these?”

Anika thought for a good time and replied “Honestly sometimes yes, especially when checking for a suitable building for establishing the institute in the city centre and first it didn’t get clicked until a few months. But when I thought of what I wanted, I wanted this and I perceived my dream as much as I could. And when I see the result, the building that’s running very well, I’m glad I didn’t give up or I didn’t take another way”

Avinash’s happiness faltered as he heard her words.

A short chapter...

See you soon,
-Ahseenam