14.

" She was held captive in his prison
Where she is the only Prisoner, he ever wants. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now’s the time to dig information in India, Avinash thought. He called a number and the contact name showed Ganesh.

Avinash is trying to act like he is calling a detective, but unfortunately he couldn't. Ganesh is one common friend for both Avinash and Anika. Avinash and he are bench mates in college, but they are not that close until they both get placed in Swing CareFree. Surely with Avinash personality and his heartbreak, he didn’t keep contact with anyone. He is only close with Anika while she broke his heart.

“Hai, Ganesh, Have you settled well?” Avinash asked.

“Yeah man, thanks to you, My sleep got disturbed now” Ganesh said, still in a sleepy voice.

“You can sleep later, but answer my question first, What exactly is Anika’s job?” Avinash asked, still in frustration.

“So you both haven’t reconciled yet, okay wait,” after a minute pause Ganesh resumed, “I think she is a working lecturer and she also started a coaching institute which is running very well, very means very very well, But I heard she also struggled a lot for that. So according to what I know, most of the days she’d only have half-day in college and the other half-day in the institute, but when she has a full day in college, her co-workers would cover her work in the institute. But sometimes she has to go home at 8:30 pm depending on her work.”

Avinash was still consuming the info. He never thought that she was working this hard. But after all, it’s her dream and he wished her to be successful.

“Are you there, Avinash?”

“Umm…yes” Avinash replied.

“But man, I’ve never thought a girl will be this capable in doing business, I heard from others even our dean also praises her and shows her as a role model to students, that she declined her high salary job for particularly her dream and she’s successful now” Ganesh continued remembering everything he heard from their other friends.

“Yes, she is really hardworking,” Avinash said.

“Man, but why do you want to know now? How many times have I tried to say to you, but you’ve never listened to me in the past. What happened now?” Ganesh asked, now he’s totally awake.

“I met her, just before,” Avinash said.

“Umm, I expected your meeting, but not so fast, so how was it?” Ganesh said.

“It’s nothing, she came with her parents to see my grandmother,” Avinash replied calmly.

“Hey, I forgot to ask, how’s your grandmother?”

“Yeah, she’s fine now but is asking some strange things”

“Enlighten me man”

“Now she wants to see my marriage as soon as possible,” Avinash said in irritation. What’s that request? It’s not like he doesn’t love his grandma, he loves her, in fact, a lot. But now he couldn’t fulfill it, in his situation.

“Oh, that’s great, all the best, hey do it with in two months, else I may go to London later”

“Who’d want you to come anyway?”

“What’s that bro, I thought we’re best brothers, how could you miss me? Plus your gift”

“Since you and I don’t have siblings doesn’t mean we’re best brothers”

“Oh bro, you have just hurt my heart, poor me,” Ganesh said hoping for some reply.

But Avinash is still thinking about Anika and marriage has not replied to his drama.

“Jokes apart, what do you want to do? According to what I’ve heard, Anika is still single, maybe waiting for you, and she, a few times asked about you to me, if you still love her, then confess before it’s too late”

“Yeah man, thank you, sometimes I don’t know what’d I’ve done without you” Avinash’s voice is expressing gratitude from his heart.

“Yeah, you can thank me later. But first go and win your queen”

 But first go and win your queen”

Surprise!!!

Dussehra special, another update.

So this is the only chapter without Anika in this whole story.

How many of you missed her, I definitely missed her.

But, she'll be in next chapter, no needed to worry,

Loads of Love...

See you soon,
-Ahseenam