36.

"With him, I see my future
And beside him, I feel the happiest."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was then grandma spoke, "Anika and Avinash, since you both are good and young, successful, don't you think it's time for your marriage?"

Avinash looked at the ground partially agreeing with his grandma's statement while Anika's face paled and she took out her hand from Avinash's grip and ran outside.

Avinash was tensed at what happened to Anika, he smiled seeing all their shocked faces, and said, "Don't worry, I'll check on her"

Avinash too ran after Anika And saw Anika sitting at a roadside bench near their street end.

Avinash silently sat near her and entwined her hands giving her courage. Anika sensing it was Avinash, lost herself and kept her head on his shoulder closing her eyes.

Avinash too closed his eyes feeling Anika's warm touch and gently patted her head. Anika leaned more into him.

After a few minutes Anika broke their silence, "I'm sorry Avi, I shouldn't have run like that."

"It's okay Ani" Avinash gently kissed her eye "But care to share with me, what's running in your head?"

Anika closed her eyes feeling his kiss and opened to answer his question, "I don't know Avinash, It's not like I don't want to marry you. I'll marry only you or will remain single till the end of my life."

Avinash smiled hearing her answer and said, "Then"

"Avinash, when suddenly asked I was scared. Are you okay with that?" Anika questioned.

"Of course I'm okay. Then I can spend more time with you, you'll be officially mine and as well nobody can stop us then no matter what we do" Avinash winked while saying the last sentence.

Anika blushed, understanding his point.

"Okay, jokes apart, what do you want?" Avinash asked.

"Avinash, give me some time, I'll convince myself," Anika said.

"Anika what's there to convince, A happy marriage happens when two like each other, trust each other and want each other" Avinash said, controlling his anger, as Anika thought he might force her into marriage without her agreement.

"Avinash, I like you, I trust you and I want you, But I need sometime"

"It's okay baby, Don't get too tense, I'll wait for you for a lifetime too, So get comfortable with me first, Even though our love and trust is enough but I think we should be ready too. So take your own time and never adjust yourself for me without saying to me. First discuss it with me and then we can think of a necessary solution.

"Thanks, Avinash," Anika kissed him on his knuckles. "But what did you call me just now?"

"It's 'baby', I think that's what lovers call, why? Don't you like it?" Avinash asked.

"I like it" Anika said very slowly.

Avinash looked at her teasingly, Anika couldn't bear it anymore, gave up and hugged him.

Avinash smiled and wrapped his arms around her, taking her totally into his embrace.

"I'm sorry Avinash, It's because of me we once got separated and now too it's me who's stopping us" Anika said after they broke their hug.

"Don't think about it, I promised your dad to not hurt you ever, So don't worry and I'll always wait for you, my love" Avinash said.

"I love you soooooooo much Avinash" Anika shouted.

Avinash's heart warmed with her action while he checked surroundings and thanked god that no one was around them.

"I love you too" Avinash sensually said into her ear. Anika got goosebumps by his action. Avinash saw his effect on her and grinned.

"Hey, what did you say to my parents? What'll they be thinking of me?" Anika asked in fear.

"Don't worry, they won't think negatively, moreover they also went through this age, so they'll understand. And coming to what I said, It's a secret." Avinash said, making Anika pout.

Anika looked so cute that Avinash couldn't resist but peck her lips while Anika blushed and smiled.

"Come one, let's go, they all will be waiting for us. And if we don't go now they'll assume things"

Anika understood his meaning immediately got up while Avinash laughed shaking his head he kissed her forehead and murmured "Don't worry about anything, Your comfort is my first priority"

Anika heartfully laughed and enthusiastically grabbed his hand and entwined their hands.

They both started walking home with her head on his shoulder, in peaceful and full moon night.

I'm so in love with them, though they are my characters and not real. Especially his understanding and patience towards Anika.

See you soon,
-Ahseenam.