29.

" She wanted him like she wants breathe. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What are you talking about Avinash? I loved you, I love you, I always do.” Avinash was shocked to hear her confession this fast and Anika continued “Avinash you see, I know how much you had dreamt of joining that type of company and working in foreign. How can I stop you from achieving your dream when I know how much you’ve strived hard. And coming to my rejection, I’ve really tried to cope with our plan but in the end, I couldn’t do anything except give up. But you know what, I’ve never given up on our love. I’ve always believed in our love and in our feelings too. I love you Avinash and I want you, I can’t live without you, please don’t turn your back on me.” As Anika finished speaking, she was already in tears and her voice was also trembling.

Avinash hugged her and patted her back to cool her down. They both stayed in that position for a few minutes and then Avinash released their hug and gave water to Anika. Anika gulped water down in one go and looked at Avinash curiously to listen to what he’ll say.

“Anika, I need some time to process.” Avinash said, he never thought because of him, Anika felt that disturbed then. He just wanted to stay with Anika more than winning his dreams. He never thought Anika was a wall between him and his dreams. In fact, whatever Anika does, he’ll support her in everything, even if she wants to be a housewife. Avinash was in a dilemma of his past behaviour somewhere. Now he thinks he must be wrong too, while simply then, in the end, he blamed Anika and left this country.

“Okay, Avinash, take your time, and sorry too, I think I didn’t handle the situation correctly back then.” After listening to Avinash’s reply, Anika was on the verge of crying but she quickly composed herself and spoke to him.

“It’s okay, maybe I’m too sorry. Bye, Goodnight” Avinash left the car and entered his home.

Anika composed herself and left a while later after clearing tear stains on her cheeks.

Unknown to both, a pair of eyes saw them.

Avinash felt heart-breaking to look at Anika who was crying. He’s not so sure but he felt Anika cry on the day they last met before he left foreign. That was the day he felt Anika’s lips on his lips. And now he was sure Anika also loved him. But he wasn’t ready to accept that she loved yet rejected him.

Avinash knew Anika doesn’t like to cry and mainly not in front of others. Yet, today Anika didn’t even care about her appearance, she only cried and expressed her love to him.

The next morning, Avinash woke-up with full high spirits while Anika woke-up with a weary look.

Anika got down fast and waited for Avinash, while Avinash came at the usual time and informed her “I’ll be coming by my own car from today, since the car I ordered got delivered the day before.”

Anika’s face was saddened, she was already in a dilemma of whether Avinash still loves her or not, or whether he’ll accept her or not.

“Or else, you too can join me today,” Avinash said with a grinning look on his face.

“Really, can I be in your car today?” Anika asked to re-confirm what Avinash said.

“Of course, you can,” Avinash said, smirking. Avinash can see the effect he has on Anika and how much she loves him and is afraid of his rejection. Avinash is truly enjoying her misery.

Honestly, once he too was hurt, way more than her. He confessed, she kissed, rejected, and left. Later no matter how many days he tried to talk to her, she’d never allowed him. Even when he wanted to see her the last day before he left, she didn’t come. Even friends would do that for one another. But Anika, Avinash felt she was too cruel back then.

Anika parked her car and sat in Avinash’s car, the car is the latest and new, the seats are very comfy, high-quality music system, automatic climatic control, USB charging cables, navigation enabled, wireless connectivity, Airbags, and even a talking bot to entertain them.

Anika didn’t dare to mention what happened yesterday night and acted normal like she hadn't confessed. She didn’t want this moment to be disturbed, with him, in his new car.

As they drove to the city, Avinash clicked a button and sunlight fell on Anika’s face. Anika didn’t realize his car had a rooftop till then. Morning sunshine is always Anika’s favourite. It makes her shine and has less intensity.

Avinash smiled looking at Anika. But Avinash got even more enchanted seeing her beauty in sunlight. She is in the golden glow of the morning sun. Her closed eyes, he just felt like he wanted to hug her and kiss her right now.

Anika opened her eyes when she felt the car stopped but she saw it was not near her institute.

I'm sorry, if you are disappointed that they both are not yet together.

But in my view, a relation comes to two people, both should be equally involved in making decisions for them.

Here, first Anika took decision for both of them without Avinash's approval. While Avinash thought his sacrifice is enough to keep them together. But a sacrifice is something that'll put other person under pressure and it'll make them feel like they owe the other.

Both has to understand this, only then they can be happy. I'm not sure about your thoughts, but my characters need this.

And yeah, here by daily update.

See you soon,
-Ahseenam.